If it's mounted, Where is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

travalon

Explorer
Finally have 2 2T set up in a mirror for media. When I mount my /mnt/media to my mount point nothing shows up in the folder.

root@XBMCenter:/home/travalon# mount 192.***.x.xx:/mnt/media /home/travalon/TV

I open the TV directory expecting to see a folder named media but its not there.
I can then run:

root@XBMCenter:/home/travalon# umount 192.***.x.xx:/mnt/media /home/travalon/TV
umount.nfs: /home/travalon/TV: not mounted

if i run the mount command I can see the pool has been mounted but again where's my media folder? I also made a data set just to see if it would show up but it didn't
the 2TB drives are m-t so it shouldn't take long to index them. What's going on.

Thanks for your help.

ProtoSD

MVP
Media is a "mount point", not a folder. If you create a folder in /mnt/media called media, it will show up.

travalon

Explorer
I was wondering about the mount point that's why I added a data set. If it showed up I knew the mount was successful. I've been messing with 3 different machines so I don't remember which one I was on at the time but, I found a folder in the root directory with the same name as my target mount point. I don't remember putting it there and I never checked to see if the mount was there as I had already unmounted and moved on to other things. Everything works now though.

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.