Help debug vol_rsync_stats file

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverdevil

Dabbler
Please help, I am new to freenas. I am mounting a NTFS USB 3.0 hard drive onto a dataset, hoping to copy files to my pool afterwards.

after about 20 seconds, and some filenames go through, I am getting an error message saying :

Import of Volume /dev/da0s1 Failed.
Reason Import Process was Abruptly Terminated.

attached please find my log file from /var/run/importcopy/vol_rsync_stats

my hardware:
Supermicro MBD-A1SAi-2750F-O Mini ITX Server Motherboard FCBGA1283 DDR3 1600/1333 (2x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.0)
4x 3TB WD HDD
1x 128 GB SSD
1x 120 GB SSD
16GB of EEC ram

FreeNAS v9.3 Stable

Tunables:
xhci_load YES loader

Services (on):
CIFS
Rsync

User/Group Setup:
ntropy:L5

I have 2 pools set up:
1) gigaflare ( made up of 3x 3TB drives in RAID-Z2 for streaming media/unified file storage for the family)

2) megaflare (2x SSD for frequently accessed files in MIRROR)

No real data has been uploaded to the server, as I am still testing. I have created a few working CIFS testing shares such as:
mnt/megaflare/documents
mnt/megaflare/jails
mnt/gigaflare/test

So today I want to test out my methods before i go ahead and start importing my larger external drives, and i start to import disk a FAT32 4GB flash drive onto a new dataset at
"mnt/gigaflare/test"

Thoughts, appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• vol_rsync_stats.txt
    79.2 KB · Views: 286
  • vol_rsync_stats 2.txt
    117.1 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:

silverdevil

Dabbler
okay i figured out the problem, sort of.

so basically, i had to SSH into my freenas machine, and do the following commands:

sudo chown -R ntropy:L5 /dev/da0s1

then i did
sudo mount -t- ntfs /dev/da0s1 mnt/gigaflare/test

after i got message" disk unclean files system (0,0)
not safely closed on windows
fuse:failed to open fuse device...

i had to do
kldload fuse

i redid the command and that finally mounted. what a terrible, convoluted hassle. can someone please explain why i have to do sudo when my user"ntropy" is already a member of wheel and L5, my group? i think i'm super ignorant about freebsd, just started learning all this.

and why can't i su root in my SSH?

i get Su: sorry?
if i type sudo root, it asks me for my password, but i enter it and it's wrong...
and then if i type sudo root again, it wont even ask for my password anymore. so wierd.

finally, the mounted USB NTFS drive cannot be accessed via CIFS share. when mounted in windows, its no longer accessible. the moment i unmount and share again, its fine. what gives?

and then, when i want to copy the USB contents to my ZFS pool, i used this command:
tar cBpf - /mnt/gigaflare/test/Movies | (cd /mnt/gigaflare/movies; tar xBpf -)

but it creates a huge folder structure that goes .mnt/gigaflare/movies/mnt/gigaflare/test/Movies

how can i troubleshoot that command for future reference? everything i try is invalid.. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.