SOLVED FreeNAS 9.1.1 MiniDLNA not showing on wireless clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billyf

Dabbler
I was previously using MiniDLNA on FreeNAS version 8.3.x and had installed it using the old jail method/PBI and it work fantastically. Since upgrading to FreeNAS 9.1.1 and installing MiniDLNA under the new jail system I have been unable to access it using clients reliably.

If I use a client that is hard wired to the network the MiniDLNA server is visible (although it drops in and out every now and again) but if I try to connect to the server using a wireless client (phone etc) the MiniDLNA server does not show (it has once or twice but its flaky at best).

I have read quite a bit into this and at first expected there to be an issue with my router and wireless isolation, but the router is fine, also it worked under the previous FreeNAS version and PBI.

Does it have anything to do with this thread?

http://forums.freenas.org/threads/bonjour-broken-when-jails-enabled.14792/

Any ideas?

D

dlavigne

It doesn't look like a bug was ever filed. Can you do so and post the issue number here?

Billyf

Dabbler
Spent a few days fixing this issue and it seems that avahi failed to start because dbus failed to start on jail creation, strangely there were no log entries in /var/log/messages, restarted both daemons and hey presto full visibility on all clients.

What do you suggest I do with the bug report? Update with my findings and close it?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Billyf,

That is what I would do.

Billyf

Dabbler
Bug report #3135 updated, does not seem to give me an option to close, some assistance is appreciated :)

Cheers, nice community ;)

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I don't see any way to close it myself either. Of course, I don't have any special privileges over you with regards to the bug tracker.

Status
Not open for further replies.