minidlna 8.3.1.p2-x64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifting

Dabbler
Hi.
Noob to FreeNas, and have been using it for a while as a CIFS server and has worked well. Have this on IP 10.0.0.30 /24

However, I wanted to try and install the Jail and minidlna.

I followed the instructions on installing the jail, and that seems fine. I then setup mount points as recommeded, as well as those within the jail for minidlna () followed those instructions.

Set the IP of the plugin settings to 10.0.0.111 /24
Set the mount point to:-
/mnt/Data/media /mnt/Data/Jail/Software/usr/pbi/minidlna-amd64/media True

When I try and start minidlna it attempts to run, then just goes back to stop again? No error or anything?

Am I right in assuming that it should appear under plugins management when running? or should it be there all the time? as mine is not showing anytime.

Regards Paul.

Drifting

Dabbler
Thanks for the reply, I thought I had set it properly, as listed above, it said an address that was reachable by the system, Freenas main is on 10.0.0.30 /24 and the plugin jail is on 10.0.0.111 /24 or have I missed the point ?

Regards Paul

D

dlavigne

That setup sounds reasonable. Does anything show up in /var/log/nginx-error.log in Shell (for the FreeNAS system)?

Drifting

Dabbler
2013/06/12 09:43:05 [error] 10515#0: *1288 upstream timed out (60: Operation tim ed out) while connecting to upstream, client: 10.0.0.34, server: localhost, requ est: "GET /plugins/minidlna/_s/start HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://10.0.0.31:1 2346", host: "10.0.0.30", referrer: "http://10.0.0.30/"
Now the interesting thing is the IP 10.0.0.31 as this was what I had the jail originally on.But have since changed it to 111?

Drifting

Dabbler
Solved, I think
I wondered if my jail was actually working, so re checked the shell and did the jsa thing. All seemed fine. Decided I should perhaps try another plugin, so installed FireFly. Would you belive both of them now appear in the right hand menu, and I could configure minidlna, which now works :smile:

Thanks for the advice

Paul

Drifting

Dabbler
Well, seems I was being a little pre emptive. It seems that it is not scanning the media folder "/usr/pbi/minidlna-amd64/media" I have checked from the shell, and I can see all the media files in this directory.
Oh and to add insult to injury, at one stage I lost the icons for minidlna from the plugins menu, only way to bring it back was to reboot. I have also moved the IP of the jail, and when I connect to it on 10.0.0.29:8200 I can see this :-
MiniDLNA status

Audio files: 0
Video files: 0
Image files: 0

I cannot stop or start the minidlna service either from the plugin menu, have to stop the entire jail.

in var/log/minidlna.log I now have this :-

2013/06/12 12:55:23] minidlna.c:1019: warn: HTTP listening on port 8200
[2013/06/12 12:55:58] upnpevents.c:302: error: upnp_event_notify_connect: connect(): Can't assign requested address
So where is it getting this address it cannot assign? from the jail? which it shows as working above.

Sigh.....Has anyone got any ideas, I have pretty much none left.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Check out my link in my tagline. Read it carefully before implementing. This will add automatic rescanning to MiniDLNA. If you have any other problems just let me know. MiniDLNA is a breeze once you figure it out of course.

D

dlavigne

Check out my link in my tagline. Read it carefully before implementing. This will add automatic rescanning to MiniDLNA. If you have any other problems just let me know. MiniDLNA is a breeze once you figure it out of course.

Did the new forums mangle your tagline or am I having a blonde moment? I'd like to read the rescanning info in that link.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Status
Not open for further replies.