Error 19 - Installing FreeNAS 11.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

remmert1

Cadet
Howdy All,
I am new to FreeNas and this is my first post so please be gentle :).
I have done several searches on "Error 19" but did not seem to find any real solutions so I am looking here for some help.

Hardware:
American Megatrends Sabertooth X58 Motherboard
Intel Core i7
12GB Ram
8GB San Disk USB thumb drive

I have FreeNAS-11.1-U4.iso and used ImgBurn on my Windows 10 system to create a boot CD.
When I boot the system everythings starts normal. I get the first screen and select FreeNAS Installer.
It then proceeds for several minutes with what I "assume" are standard boot messages.
Finally the following happens:

Trying to mount root from cd9660:/dev/iso9660/FreeNAS []...
mountroot: waiting for device /dev/iso9660/FreeNAS...
Mounting from cd9660:/dev/iso9660/FreeNAS failed with error 19.

I have tried with other USB thumb drives with the same result.
I have also tried with downloading the image a second time and burning a new CD, again with the same result.
I also took the same image and tried to install it on a VM on my Windows box and it worked fine up to FreeNAS Console Setup screen. I did not take the install any farther than that.

Does anyone have a suggestion or did I miss a post in my search?

Thanks in advance.

MrToddsFriends

Documentation Browser
I have FreeNAS-11.1-U4.iso and used ImgBurn on my Windows 10 system to create a boot CD.
[...]
I have tried with other USB thumb drives with the same result.
I have also tried with downloading the image a second time and burning a new CD, again with the same result.

Did you also try to use the other USB thumb drive as the installation source, i.e. instead of using a CD for that purpose?

If you use the smaller of your USB thumb drives as the installation target --- as long as both of them are >= 16GB (with 8GB being the absolute minimum) --- you can add the other one to the boot pool after the installation. For the mirroring to be possible, marginal differences in size do matter.

http://doc.freenas.org/11/intro.html#the-operating-system-device
http://doc.freenas.org/11/system.html#mirroring-the-boot-device

Status
Not open for further replies.