Deleting forum account, how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted47050

As far as I can see, there is no way to delete a forum account anywhere from the profile settings. What is the official truenas-approved way of deleting one's own discussion forum account?

danb35

Hall of Famer
Using the "report" link on one of your posts will ping the moderators, who will hopefully be able to take action on this--I've reported your post for that reason.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
no way to delete a forum account anywhere

This is correct. The forumware is incapable of a GDPR/CCPA compliant account deletion, which is what many people expect when they ask to be deleted. Policy is that forum account removals will be handled as GDPR/CCPA.

What is the official truenas-approved way of deleting one's own discussion forum account?

See the following message in this thread. It is the standard response provided to users asking the moderation team about account deletions.

[mod note: The remainder of this thread has been aggressively trimmed as it took an unproductive and argumentative turn. -JG]

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Greetings from the TrueNAS Community Forums.

We have received a moderation ticket indicating that you have expressed interest in a GDPR or CCPA account closure. The moderation team does not have the ability to delete your account, and you need to follow the policy outlined in the iXsystems Privacy Policy, hyperlinked, to initiate an account closure, if this is your intention.

To request a GDPR, CCPA, or other data deletion request, download and submit this form.

If you do not wish to close your account, no action need be taken.

If you need assistance, please feel free to respond to this conversation, or start a new one with user "jgreco". Please note that I am not an iXsystems employee, but rather merely a community moderator trying to make sure that the right things are happening, so I am unable to take any direct actions on your behalf. However, I am a strong privacy advocate and am happy to help navigate any issues you encounter.

Thank you!

J Greco - s/k/a The Grinch - on behalf of the TrueNAS Community Forums Moderation Team

Status
Not open for further replies.