Broken Jail Dataset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrannus

Dabbler
Hi all

After my adventures of fixing a broken plugin jail, I seem to have managed to break the default jail.

Here's the story:
I can make pluginjails no problem
I was making a default jail when my router restarted, and the jail creation process was stuck on 65%. I left it for an hour and it never progressed so I cancelled it and restart the FreeNAS box.

Since then, I cannot create default jails. Pluginjails all work OK.

I've found the "Unable to find template error" can be related to DNS so I have attempted to change DNS servers to publicly accessible ones such as Google. No luck.

I tried warden template create -nick 'NAMEOFSCREWEDUPTEMPLATE' -tar http://download.freenas.org/jails/9.3/x64/freenas-standard-9.3-RELEASE.tgz which at first failed, but then worked. But it fails to create a jail with it.

I have a feeling maybe it is screwed up permissions?

Can anyone make some suggestions about logs etc I should be looking at?

Thanks

Sakuru

Guru
Which version of FreeNAS are you using?

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
FreeNAS-9.10.1 (d989edd)
Yeah, so, the FreeNAS 9.10 jails, as you can see elsewhere in the forum, are based on completely new templates, since this is now FreeBSD 10 based. Your "pluginjails" was an old thing from the FreeBSD 9 days. If you are going to 9.10, you need to blow away all your old jails and templates, and start anew. This is outlined in several places on the forum, there's a few guides up.

Status
Not open for further replies.