Alert telling me a removed drive is degraded

Status
Not open for further replies.

hansamurai

Cadet
Running FreeNAS 8, had a 1.5TB UFS drive in there temporarily. After I was done with it, I tried to export the volume and destroy the data, but after about five minutes of waiting, I went through the process of telling the GUI to shutdown, etc. Opened the machine and removed the drive and restarted.

Now the alert button is flashing red and it's telling me: CRITICAL: The volume temp (UFS) status is DEGRADED

Since the drive isn't even installed anymore, I'm not sure how to fix this. I don't want my machine crying wolf all the time that there's something wrong so that when something does go wrong, I've trained my eyes to ignore the big nasty button.

Thanks in advance for the help.

hansamurai

Cadet
No, I don't, I guess that was my major problem.

I believe I have fixed it, here is what I did:

1. Put the HDD back in the system, I don't think this was necessary but I wanted to see if the GUI recognized it or anything, it didn't. Volume "temp" was simply no where to be seen except for the big flashing red button!
2. ssh'd into the box and made a backup of my database:
# cp /data/freenas-v1.db /data/freenas-v1.db.bak
3. opened sqlite and removed the entries related to temp
# sqlite3 /data/freenas-v1.db
# select * from storage_disk;
# delete from storage_disk where id = X; (where X is the last number in the bad row)
# select * from storage_volume;
# delete from storage_volume where id = Y; (where Y is the only number in the bad row)

I'm not sure if this is the _only_ way to clean this up, but if it is, that seems to be a usability issue.

Please let me know if you can think of any other database cleanup necessary, but the alert is at least not flashing red anymore and it doesn't say anything about temp.

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Yeah, unfortunately freenas is not very tested/friendly with UFS yet..

But yes, i guess thats all that would take to clean the database

hansamurai

Cadet
Well, thanks for the help, hopefully this can be made a little easier in the future. I would think that the All Volume page should at least do a select * from the storage_volume table.

Status
Not open for further replies.