After updating from FreeNas 8.2 to 8.3 system doesn't work correctly after waking up

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardDean

Cadet
Hi,

until Friday I had running a FreeNas 8.2 System. Then I discovered the upgrade functionality and since than my system works not like before(update first to 8.3.0, yesterday to 8.3.1). First of all, what I'm using extensively is acpi s3 mode. I have a script running which checks for online devices. If none of them is online(pingable) the server wents to s3 mode. This still works perfectly. However, when I resume(wol), most of the functionality is gone!!
My Cifs share doesn't work anymore, commands won't work anymore (e.g halt via ssh gives me /sbin/halt: Device not configured error). Access to minidlna however still works. What I also could observe, is that my ftp, when the nas is in suspend, won't wake up when calling the address via internet, which was working with 8.2 perfectly. Of course the webui gives me also the error: Unhandled Exception, An unhandled exception was thrown by the application. However, the login screen appears, so this directly after the login. Has anyone a clue, or can give me hints, which log files I can check. Of course I switched to zfs v28, so I cannot simply return to 8.2.0...
When I shutdown via power button and perform a clean start, EVERYTHING works until I call manually acpiconf -s 3...

EdwardDean

Cadet
Re: After updating from FreeNas 8.2 to 8.3 system doesn't work correctly after waking

I just made a complete fresh installation of 8.3.0, just set very few default settings and when going to s3 the webui doesn't work anymore. Since this is mandatory behaviour for me, I have to go back to 8.2.0. Just made the same procedure with 8.2 and everythink works perfectly, but maybe my Usecase is a corner case....Nevertheless I will enter a bug!

joeschmuck

Old Man
Re: After updating from FreeNas 8.2 to 8.3 system doesn't work correctly after waking

I'm surprised FreeNAS even works at S3 for any version. Since there is likely not much difference between S2 and S3 with respect to power draw, have you tried S2?

EdwardDean

Cadet

No, I haven't tried it so far. I was able to wake the system up, but most things simply didn't work after the wakeup. It's not only the webui, but also cifs, ftp or even minidlna. But not everything at the same time. Before I switched back to 8.2 my minidlna was working, but neither ftp nor cifs services...Maybe I'll prepare an additional usb device with 8.3 and try the s2 tomorrow

cyberjock

Inactive Account

I know that ALOT, and I mean ALOT of hardware out there doesn't play nice with going to sleep and then waking up. The fact that 8.2 works fine but 8.3 doesn't is interesting to me. I wonder what in particular changed to make it not work right.

joeschmuck

Old Man

I'm curious if all the boot USB stick became unmounted and never remounted. That is all that is popping into my head right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.