timeout waiting for write DRQ after updating from 8.0 to 8.0.1 B3

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegert87

Cadet
I am having "timeout waiting for write DRQ" error just seconds after my box finishes booting. It started after I updated to 8.0.1 B3 64 bit. I receive this error for ata 2,3,4. All of which are identical WD Caviar Drives, on an NVIDIA GeForce 7025 chipset. Prior to the update all was working fine.

When this error appears my box nearly completely bricks, I can't http to it or ssh to it. However, it will respond to pings.... It won't respond to KB input either.

thegert87

Cadet
Wanted to update this thread. I updated to 8.01 B4... All was fine until I performed a shutdown and restart, added RAM. Booted completely, runs for about a minute then issues waiting for write drq... I tried re-installing the old RAM and rebooting, didn't work. I changed from RAID sata mode to IDE, those are my only two options. I'm not using a hardware raid array...but to changing to IDE mode didn't help either.

joeschmuck

Old Man
I'm sure by now you have read that the DRQ is an invalid error message. I suspect you have something else wrong. Are you pushing your equipment (OC) in any way? I would assume you are running from factory defaults if it's crashing so quickly on bootstrap. List all your equipment specs if you are still having problems.

EDIT: Also update to the latest nightly build.

thegert87

Cadet
I re installed and did not enable any Disk Power Saving features and all was well... From my previous post I would fresh install the update but then upload my saved config file. Instead I just auto imported and re created my config from scratch... No overclocking was involved... But now I'm having AFP issues which I posted elsewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.