Lost zpool after upgrading from 8.04 to 8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaoticlusts

Cadet
Hi

I just did a GUI upgrade of 8.0.4 release to 8.3 release and ran into an error with FreeNAS reporting that the status of my zpool was 'unknown'. I jumped online for advice and ended up attempting to export then import the volume in question.

The export went fine however on attempting to import I got warnings in the command line saying "ZFS WARNING: Unable to attach to ada5" also warnings for ada3 and ada7. Of course the import failed >_< I have been unable to get any further, all the HDD's are being recognised by the GUI but still won't attach :/ an attempt at telling it to import via command line resulted in the error "cannot import '****': more than one matching pool"

I was running an 8 drive RaidZ2 that was working fine immediately before upgrading

I also attempted the roll back option stated in the upgrade wiki for freenas but that didn't seem to do anything >_< (F2 on bootup that is)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Yell

Explorer
be sure that the pool is NOT already imported
Code:
zpool status

try this, i will import if everything is ok, but doesnt do recovery if it would discard transactions [ -n switch]
Code:
zpool import -d /dev/ -c /data/zfs/zfs.cache -fFn  YOUPOOLNAME

[check the path of the zfs cache file, since i'm writing this at my kitchen table without access to my freenas box]
the last resort is to use the command without -n switch.

(http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19082-01/819-2240/zpool-1m/index.html)

Status
Not open for further replies.