SOLVED Access Denied to smb:<path>

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhumm2

Explorer
I'm trying to get FreeNAS 9.3 working and I'm not having an easy time doing it. I'm reading the guide and applying what I've read, but I'm not getting correct results.

I have three, 2TB drives in a single pool. I've created Volume-1, I've created a Dataset named "Share" and I created a Windows CIFS share called, "Share." I want to use unauthenticated access to that share from 3 different computers, on the same home network.

I can access the share from one of the Windows 10 computers and my Kubuntu 14.04 computer, but it will not let me create a folder or a text file. The subject error message is from my Kubuntu computer. The win10 error message is "You need permission to perform this action." In short, it won't let me write to the share and I don't understand why.

Attachments

• share-basic.jpg
    share-basic.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,179
  • share-advanced-1.jpg
    share-advanced-1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,116

mhumm2

Explorer
Actually it was a problem with groups. Once all 3 users belonged to the correct groups, everything worked. The strange thing is that shares I create manually (one entry under Storage and a separate entry under Shares) doesn't work for me. When I tried the last time (I'd rather not specify the iteration I was on <grin>) I only created shares from the Storage tab and everything worked.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
What are the permissions on your dataset? And if you want no authentication groups and users don't do anything. You need to check the guest only box for your share then either give your data other full permissions or make the owner the nobody user.

Status
Not open for further replies.