9.3 Freenas Server Disappearing from LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

I3lackR0se

Dabbler
Hey all, ran into a bit of a head scratcher.

So, every 24-ish hours or so, my Freenas server gets dropped from my LAN. The router config page (a Google Fiber router) doesn't show it as a connected device, machines can't access it via static IPs, etc, etc. However, by unplugging the Ethernet cord and replugging it in the same spot, the connection is re-established and remains that way for the next 24 hours (at which point it drops again). I saw more going on in my debug.log file than my messages.log, but neither had anything that jumped out to me as the problem or that returned any threads with people experiencing similar problems. Still, I'm not familiar with all of the log messages, so there is a very real possibility that there's something I've missed. If anyone has any good ideas of what could be going on or where I might start looking to fix this behavior, I'd greatly appreciate being pointed in that right direction.

Relevant logs and system specs listed below
(As an aside, there were a lot of instances of one repeating log in the messages.log file about my UPS disconnecting. To cut down on the spam in the log, I replaced every repeating occurance of the line with a single instance of it and a timestamp of XX:XX:XX. If curious, the repeated line in question is "Apr 5 XX:XX:XX freenas upsmon[2517]: UPS [plexups]: connect failed: Connection failure: Connection refused" )

Freenas Build: FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201506292332
Motherboard: Supermicro X10SL7-F
Network Controller: Intel® i210AT dual port GbE Controllers (on the motherboard)

Attachments

• debug.log.txt
    646.6 KB · Views: 231
  • debug.log.0.txt
    663 KB · Views: 206
  • debug.log.1.txt
    658.5 KB · Views: 198
  • messages.txt
    494.4 KB · Views: 206

I3lackR0se

Dabbler
I had been avoiding upgrading my system until I figured out the problem (was afraid of potentially complicating the situation). But seeing as I was out of other things to try, I went ahead and updated to the latest 9.10 STABLE. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to of fixed the problem (went down in about 24 hours or so, like it had been). : /

Thanks for the suggestion though! Any other ideas (or any more places I could looking to debug the behavior)?

D

dlavigne

It may be worthwhile to create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org to have a dev look at it. If you do, include a newly created debug (using System -> Advanced -> Save Debug) and post the bug # here.

I3lackR0se

Dabbler
Sounds like a plan. I'll do just that then,

Status
Not open for further replies.