11.2 U2 breaks VNET

blacksteel75

Dabbler
Connectivity issues with U2. I updated to U2 and changed the interfaces on my jails to auto from the tips here, but my openvpn jail would not work anymore. Other jails seemed to work fine (plex, nextcloud).

I could connect to the openvpn service from a vpn client, but to traffic would pass through the vpn. Couldn't reach sites behind the vpn or sites outside of it either. I rolled back to U1 and everything works fine again.

jkear

Cadet
Thanks everyone i manged to us an early boot environment then upload my saved config file and it all seem to work now plex is working again once again thank you everyone.

00riddler

Cadet
Let's say it like this. It is fucked up since 11.2 U1... where the jail autostart stopped working for me.
Now jails are autostarting but are not working/not accessible.
Tried setting vnet_default_interface to auto. Did not change anything. Jails are not working.
Went back to 11.2 U1 where i have to start the jails manually but a least they are working...

Last edited:

Oriann

Explorer
Dont roll back. Hotfix update is now available. Just update Freenas through gui to 11.2-U2.1.
Vnet is now working normally in this release.

Adrian

Contributor

00riddler

Cadet
don't roll back. Hotfix update is now available. Just update Freenas through gui to 11.2-U2.1.
Vnet is now working normally in this release.
Thanks for the info.
Installed it, now we are back as it was on 11.2 U1, so the jails won't autostart...

hervon

Patron
11.2-U2.1 works perfectly for me no issues with jails, vnet and autostart : minidlna, transmission, urbackup. Thanks!

Oriann

Explorer
Thanks for the info.
Installed it, now we are back as it was on 11.2 U1, so the jails won't autostart...

For me jails are working now properly...try to reconfigure jail and tick and untick autostart or edit config file manually. It just works

00riddler

Cadet
For me jails are working now properly...try to reconfigure jail and tick and untick autostart or edit config file manually. It just works
Tried already. Unchecked autostart, restarted, rechecked, restarted, not working.

Details can be found here

Last edited:

garm

Wizard
I just tried upgrading from 11.2-U1 to 11.2-U2.1 and it breaks networking for me, jails can reach eachother but not past the router, and no outside client reaches them..

jerryjharrison

Explorer
Just tried an upgrade from 11.2-U1 to 11.2-U2.1. One jail worked fine after changing the default parameter to "auto". The other jail will not start due to vnet failures regardless of setting. Headed back to 11.2-U1

Oriann

Explorer
Do you guys have new jails created with iocage or you have converted from old jails to new ones ?

jerryjharrison

Explorer
I have new jails created under 11.1 using iocage. I have been running FreeNas for more than 10 years and re-built my jails from scratch when the move to iocage was announced. I got mine working under 11.2 - U2.1 last night after turning off Vnet for the jail, and then re-configuring all network services in the jail from scratch...

Oriann

Explorer
I have new jails created under 11.1 using iocage. I have been running FreeNas for more than 10 years and re-built my jails from scratch when the move to iocage was announced. I got mine working under 11.2 - U2.1 last night after turning off Vnet for the jail, and then re-configuring all network services in the jail from scratch...

So you make it work by reconfiguring network config file ? And now VNET is working for you with jail autostart ?

blacksteel75

Dabbler
Updated to 11.2-U2.1 via the gui and no issues with openvpn or other jails. No changes to VNET config needed.

But, now the console log shows this when opening the dashboard page:

"Mar 23 10:16:40 freenas kernel: pid 17001 (rrdtool), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)"

Last edited: