11.2 U2 breaks VNET

Ixian

Patron
U2 was released earlier today for 11.2 and several of us in the announcement thread have discovered that it breaks VNET. Any jail, etc. using VNET will be unreachable even though they do start.

Just posting as a warning to those who haven't upgraded yet. It's officially available through the GUI but I'd hold off. Some bug slipped through.

I rolled back to U1.

D

dlavigne

Once we've pinned down the cause and workaround (which jails/plugins are affected), we'll add the details to the Known Impacts section of the Release Notes.

MoonPie

Dabbler
Having same issue with VNET. Rolling back to U1. If you need any info I am willing to upgrade and test.

Ixian

Patron
rrdtool segfaults and exits (11) and spams the console log as well with U2.

DoritoSlayer

Cadet
I've experienced the same with my Plex plugin/jail after upgrading to 11.2-U2.
Trying to install the Plex plugin again (besides the existing one) creates a plex_2 plugin and jail, but weirdly the original one is gone... The install also failed both that secondary install and one I tried after deleting the plugin and jail entirely. Not sure if it's connected, but thought I'd mention it.

Could anyone explain how I can downgrade back to U1?
Sorry for the newbie question :)

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Could anyone explain how I can downgrade back to U1?
It should be as simple as interrupting the boot process and selecting the previous boot environment.

I also note that in addition to breaking the VNET on an existing 11.1-RELEASE jail I had working, I am also unable to make VNET work on a fresh jail with 11.2-RELEASE.

In both cases, it seems I only have the loopback interface (no epair) inside the jail.

Here's the output from the command line creation which produces the jail with ifconfig shown after...

Code:
root@freenas:~ # iocage create -n "newjail" -r 11.2-RELEASE defaultrouter="192.168.1.1" dhcp="on" vnet="on" bpf="yes" allow_raw_sockets="1" boot="on"
newjail successfully created!
* Starting nut
  + Started OK
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/iocage", line 10, in <module>
    sys.exit(cli())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 722, in __call__
    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 697, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1066, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 895, in invoke
    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 535, in invoke
    return callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_cli/create.py", line 164, in cli
    basejail=basejail, thickjail=thickjail, empty=empty)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/iocage.py", line 611, in create
    clone=clone,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_create.py", line 87, in create_jail
    return self._create_jail(jail_uuid, location)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_create.py", line 559, in _create_jail
    silent=self.silent)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_start.py", line 66, in __init__
    self.__start_jail__()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_start.py", line 415, in __start_jail__
    vnet_err = self.start_network(vnet)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_start.py", line 598, in start_network
    err = self.start_network_interface_vnet(nic, net_configs, jid)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_start.py", line 624, in start_network_interface_vnet
    membermtu = self.find_bridge_mtu(bridge)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_start.py", line 975, in find_bridge_mtu
    su.check_call(bridge_cmd, stdout=su.PIPE, stderr=su.PIPE)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'bridge_cmd' referenced before assignment

ifconfig:
Code:
root@newjail:~ # ifconfig
lo0: flags=8008<LOOPBACK,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 16384
options=600003<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,RXCSUM_IPV6,TXCSUM_IPV6>
nd6 options=21<PERFORMNUD,AUTO_LINKLOCAL>
groups: lo
root@newjail:~ # 

I guess the errors during jail creation are the cause (even though the jail is created and does start)

sretalla