Step by step to install Plex & Transmission inside iocage Jail in FreeNAS 11.2-BETA3

Paolo177

Dabbler
I would like to say in my defense that I noticed that but I intentionally kept them so "strange" because they are the same that on my screen appear in your command in the guide. That beeing said your suggestion fixed the issue. THANK YOU!

Paolo177

Dabbler
After a fast check they are different in your guide from any other quote you've written, change them if you want. Just in case another newbie like me comes again.

Bibi40k

Contributor
i've replaced them ... i just copy/paste the output from the terminal ... i don't know how they transformed like that...

Paolo177

Dabbler
Hi again, no problem after that now I have all working fine, but I want to let you know that after your correction of what I said the colored words in your guide disappeared :(:(

monkeybutt

Dabbler
Can i get some clarification on this part? Just trying to make sure I understand what it does.

Code:
iocage fstab -a Media "/mnt/Vol1-Z2/FTP" "/mnt/FTP" nullfs rw 0 0

"/mnt/Vol1-Z2/FTP" is your main pool right? And "/mnt/FTP" is inside the new jail?

EDIT: Here to answer my own question. Yes and Yes.

Last edited:

monkeybutt

Dabbler
Also, should this still work on 11.3?

EDIT: Yes it does work on 11.3.

How do I change this so my downloads go to my data pool instead of my jail storage?

Last edited:

Bibi40k

Contributor
Hi,
this mount points do exactly what you asked for. They link inside jail dir with FreeNAS dir so when you set to download in that particular dir, it will download where you set with mountpoint

monkeybutt

Dabbler
Hi,
this mount points do exactly what you asked for. They link inside jail dir with FreeNAS dir so when you set to download in that particular dir, it will download where you set with mountpoint
Hmm okay, thanks for the confirmation. I must have goofed something up then, because I cannot find any files after they have downloaded lol.

EDIT: HUZZAH!!! I deleted the jail and started all over again, making sure to follow your steps exactly and paying close attention to the directories I was using. Everything is now working as intended. Thank you so much for the wonderful guide. All of the linux distros i will be seeding now thank you as well ;)

Last edited:

lloyd

Dabbler
Thanks for the excellent guide. I have used it successfully in the past.
However did something happen to the transmission package?
pkg update Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue... FreeBSD repository is up to date. All repositories are up to date. root@transmission:~ # pkg search transmission py37-transmission-rpc-2.0.4 Python module for Transmission bittorent client RPC protocol py37-transmissionrpc-0.11_1 Python module that communicates with Transmission through JSON-RPC transmission-cli-3.00_3 Meta-port for Transmission BitTorrent client transmission-daemon-3.00_3 Meta-port for Transmission BitTorrent client transmission-gtk-3.00_3 Meta-port for Transmission BitTorrent client transmission-remote-gui-gtk2-5.18.0_4 Remote GUI for transmission daemon transmission-utils-3.00_2 Meta-port for Transmission BitTorrent client transmission-web-3.00_1 Meta-port for Transmission BitTorrent client root@transmission:~ # pkg install transmission Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue... FreeBSD repository is up to date. All repositories are up to date. pkg: No packages available to install matching 'transmission' have been found in the repositories
Should I be using something different?

Bibi40k

Contributor
Hi, i don't know.
I just jumped to TrueNAS and i'm sick of fixing/changing/adapting/loosing a lot of things and time so right now i'm moving everything on a Debian VM with Docker. This should be, at least in theory, "bulletproof"