XDM Can't Install Plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimm Spector

Explorer
I have tried a couple XDM installs, but the plugins don't work, the whole system doesn't work.

When it tries to update itself it just fails and if you have auto update turned on you can never log into it again and have to delete it. I can't find why in it's log file.

If I try to install any plugin it gives me an odd message about TLS which I cannot find a work around for. I assume this is the reason why the update function also fails.

The error is:

Code:
XDM: ~$ install.py -i de.lad1337.tv
Getting download URL
Installing TV(0.10)
TV is not yet installed
Installing into /var/db/xdm/plugins
Downloading, please wait...
Error during download
[SSL: TLSV1_ALERT_PROTOCOL_VERSION] tlsv1 alert protocol version (_ssl.c:581)
Installation unsuccessful!

I've tried adding other storage options to the plugin director and other things but that doesn't seem to be part of the issue. Anyone have any way I can get this system working? Thanks!

D

dlavigne

Were you able to resolve this? If not, which version of FreeNAS? Are you using warden or iocage plugins?

Grimm Spector

Explorer
Do you get the same issue if you try installing an iocage jail instead using the instructions in http://doc.freenas.org/11/jails.html#using-iocage? Once you have a jail you can try installing the package using the instructions in http://doc.freenas.org/11/jails.html#installing-freebsd-packages.

Well I have started it, and followed it very carefully, but when I try to start it fails to start. Here's the error:

Code:
[root@shade ~]# iocage start xdm																									
Traceback (most recent call last):																								 
  File "/usr/local/bin/iocage", line 10, in <module>																				
   sys.exit(cli())																												 
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 722, in __call__												
   return self.main(*args, **kwargs)																							   
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 697, in main													
   rv = self.invoke(ctx)																										   
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1066, in invoke												 
   return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))																		 
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 895, in invoke												 
   return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)																				 
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 535, in invoke												 
   return callback(*args, **kwargs)																								
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/cli/start.py", line 54, in cli												
   ioc.IOCage(exit_on_error=True, jail=jail, rc=rc).start()																		
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/lib/iocage.py", line 1637, in start										   
   exit_on_error=self.exit_on_error)																							   
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/lib/ioc_start.py", line 64, in __init__									   
   self.__start_jail__()																										   
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/lib/ioc_start.py", line 127, in __start_jail__								
   vnet_interfaces = self.conf["vnet_interfaces"]																				 
KeyError: 'vnet_interfaces' 

Grimm Spector

Explorer
Well I managed to get around that problem, when I realized the interface I am supposed to be using is the one the system already has, and not one I want the jail to have. However all is not well, I can now install plugins but they're not working as expected and I cannot figure out why. I can't search because the indexers just don't work out, they fail with json errors, and I suspect it's because I'm missing some dependency for XDM in FreeBSD, but nothing is listed in their requirements that I am knowingly missing ...

Grimm Spector

Explorer
I've had a bit of difficulty getting it to respect mount points from the FreeNAS host; and none of it seems to actually work, as the plugins seem to throw errors that I cannot figure out. But I did get it "installed" and iocage working, so I suppose it's as resolved as this topic deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.