Multiple plugins in 1 jail permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

pintu1228

Explorer
Hi everyone,

So I have installed Nzbget, Sonarr, Radarr, Subsonic, and Plex in 1 jail and I seem to have a problem with moving files after they are downloaded in Nzbget directory (/mnt/Tank/downloads) to their folders such as TV and Movies.

They unpack fine but don't every get moved into their correct locations.

I tried to change the write permissions for the jails by following the below guide (option #3):

https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...plugins-write-permissions-to-your-data.27273/

But doesn't seem to work, also plex doesn't update any changes made to TV shows or Movies folders either.

I have attached my permission for movies and tv dataset as well as storage for the jail.

Any help to fix permissions for all plugins above would be great.

Thanks

Attachments

• downloads permission.JPG
    downloads permission.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 351
  • movies permission.JPG
    movies permission.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 352
  • storage jail.JPG
    storage jail.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 337
  • tv permission.JPG
    tv permission.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 322

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Either give other write permissions or create the dataset group owner with the same gid in the jail.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pintu1228

Explorer
So I created an new group called 'Media' with GID of 1002 and assigned it on each dataset group (Movies, TV).

Then I did the following which I found on a post on the forum:

• Create a Media group with the same group ID in FreeNAS and in every jail (in FreeNAS use the GUI, in the jails run pw groupadd media -g <id>).
  • Change group of /mnt/volume1/media to media
  • Add the plex, transmission and www users to the media group (run pw usermod <user> -G media in the respective jail).
I tried to download a file and nzbget completes the download but the file is located in /mnt/tank/downloads/dst and not moved into the TV dataset, am I missing something?

What is the GID and PID for nzbget? Also when I type in id nzbget, it says 'no such user'

Thanks

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
So I created an new group called 'Media' with GID of 1002 and assigned it on each dataset group (Movies, TV).

Then I did the following which I found on a post on the forum:

• Create a Media group with the same group ID in FreeNAS and in every jail (in FreeNAS use the GUI, in the jails run pw groupadd media -g <id>).
  • Change group of /mnt/volume1/media to media
  • Add the plex, transmission and www users to the media group (run pw usermod <user> -G media in the respective jail).
I tried to download a file and nzbget completes the download but the file is located in /mnt/tank/downloads/dst and not moved into the TV dataset, am I missing something?

What is the GID and PID for nzbget? Also when I type in id nzbget, it says 'no such user'

Thanks
This sound like you are doing things correctly for the most part. Now we just need to find the one thing that is messed up.

To see the owner of a process you can use 'top' and it should show you the owner in the second column maybe.

pintu1228

Explorer
Here is what I get when I type in 'top', see attachment.

Attachments

• processes.JPG
    processes.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 405

pintu1228

Explorer
So I am running into another issue, what exactly source and destination do I use for Nzbget, sonarr, and radarr.

When I download a movie via Radarr, it downloads fine in nzbget but files are not put into the /media/Movies directory.

Can anyone provide an example on how to use the source/destination storage for all three of these plugins so they work correctly?? Also do I have to run these plugins as root:wheel or another user?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
So I am running into another issue, what exactly source and destination do I use for Nzbget, sonarr, and radarr.

When I download a movie via Radarr, it downloads fine in nzbget but files are not put into the /media/Movies directory.

Can anyone provide an example on how to use the source/destination storage for all three of these plugins so they work correctly?? Also do I have to run these plugins as root:wheel or another user?
Source is the dataset in freenas you want to use. Destination is the path inside the jail you want that dataset to show up. So all your applications should have the destination configured as their download location or library location.

To get things like sonar to work make sure your destination path is the same string as the path the downloader uses.

pintu1228

Explorer
Follow up, I have installed them using via ports instead of pkg. The issue is by following option 2 for the user permission (from this link: https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...-write-permissions-to-your-data.27273/page-17), when I type in chmod step with the path to each of the plugins it says 'no file or directory found'

Also what is the path for nzbget and radarr, I can't seem to find them.

On a side note, I am able to get permissions working as option 4, but this seems to open a problem, where someone can delete my files from the plex application which is not what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.