Windows & iSCSI volume disconnect - shown as unitialized

Status
Not open for further replies.
I set up an iSCSI volume on a windows 2008 R2 box - and a few days later it disconnected and appears in windows as an unitialized disk. Am I pooched? Does anyone know of a way to mount the disk without losing data?

Thanks -

bigphil

Patron
What version and build of FreeNAS are you running? Also...is the Windows box completely up-to-date? Does this keep happening or a one time occurrence? We need a little more info.

The latest version if freenas as if a week ago, the windows box is up to date. After this happened (I took the freenas box home to do done testing and haven't tried duplicating it yet since I wanted to leave the box as is in case recovery was possible) I read up on the pitfalls of iscsi and zfs which is what I was testing.. I noticed performance was sluggish while writing so I believe this is a timeout. The data on this volume is not mission critical but I'd like to know why the volume reverts to a raw state, is it corrupted or is the problem on the windows side? To answer your question it only happened once after the iscsi volume was mounted and written to for about 3 hours during a backup operation

Starpulkka

Contributor
When last time i tested iSCSI (many praised it is fast and cool and did i say fast) i was able to get it ntfs raw state in few minutes just by unproper dismounting device. Was curious can i see my test data on my xxx€ ntfs rebuild tool and it did see my raw files. But i havent used iSCSI since those tests.

Happy thought's for solving your broblem.

Status
Not open for further replies.