Graph for iSCSI volume not showing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I created an iSCSI volume a while back ago and when I go to the reporting tab, the iSCSI volume is not showing up. I have restarted the collectd service, but that didn't correct the issue either. I went into the /var/db/collectd/rrd/localhost/df directory and I don't see an .rrd file for that iSCSI volume. Does anyone know of a way that I can easily correct this issue, without restarting the box? I am new to FreeNAS and really enjoy it. Thanks for any assistance that anyone is willing to lend. My release version is TrueNAS-8.0.2-RELEASE-p1-amd64 (3879:3880)

Thanks

Attachments

• nas.jpg
    nas.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 233

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Considering that an iSCSI volume is just a block storage device, what exactly are you expecting it to graph? Overall activity?

Just the overall storage being utilized...

I have two TrueNAS devices running this version of FreeNAS and one of them is graphing the iSCSI volume and the total space being used by it. I just cannot seem to put my finger on why the second one is not. The setups are identical and as stated I did restart the collectd service.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
The total space used by an iSCSI volume is by definition "all of it." There's no way for FreeNAS to really know what is being stored on an iSCSI device. If you're using file extents, then there's some possibility of variability, but in such a case, you're not talking about an "iSCSI volume," but rather a volume upon which you happen to be storing iSCSI extent files.

Status
Not open for further replies.