WebGUI Corrupted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankur Parikh

Cadet
Hello all,

I have been using FreeNAS for about a year now without any problems. I recently updated to 9.3 and it was working perfectly.

Today I was messing around with my ~/.ssh/ folder and was trying to add a authorized_keys file. I seem to have messed something up big time in the process.

I am now unable to use the webgui. When I go to the address in my browser, it shows only a skeleton of the page. I tried entering some of the links of the images etc that cannot be seen and it throws up a 403/Forbidden message. Please see the image attachments for this.

Also, my SMB shares do not work anymore (authentication fails). I have multiple jails which all seem to be working fine however.

I have tried the following:

1. Going to the console and reseting the root password. Did not work.
2. Going to the console and trying to upgrade the firmware. Also did not work.
3. Going to the console and "reset to factory defaults". Does not work. GUI is still messed up.

Can somebody please help me out and let me know what to do? I have a backup of my configuration from the 9.2 version (just before upgrading to 9.3). If I have to fresh install 9.3 can I use this backup from 9.2?

Thank you.
Ankur
Screen Shot 2015-01-03 at 11.43.20 pm.png
Screen Shot 2015-01-03 at 11.42.15 pm.png
Screen Shot 2015-01-03 at 11.41.51 pm.png
Screen Shot 2015-01-03 at 11.41.51 pm.png

Last edited:

cyberjock

Inactive Account
First, you really shouldn't be editing files in the OS yourself. The OS manages those files, and when you start playing with it while the system is up... bad things can happen.

Second, that *might* be fixed with a reboot. If not then I'd recommend you reinstall FreeNAS and then import your config file from backup.

Ankur Parikh

Cadet
First, you really shouldn't be editing files in the OS yourself. The OS manages those files, and when you start playing with it while the system is up... bad things can happen.

Second, that *might* be fixed with a reboot. If not then I'd recommend you reinstall FreeNAS and then import your config file from backup.

Thanks. I had to reinstall FreeNAS and import my backup config. That works flawlessly and I am good to go.

For any noobs like me reading. Please backup regularly. This is the first time I ever needed my backup, but I cant imagine my situation if I didn't!

Status
Not open for further replies.