How to change the WebGUI port through the console?

Thomas

Dabbler
Hi guys!

Because of numerous reasons not of importance right now I need to set or change the WebGUI port for my FreeNAS installation. The thing is, I can't access the WebGUI as I'm not in the LAN (I'm abroad at the moment). I CAN, however, access the console. So my question is: how can I change the settings, by using the console, so that I can access the WebGUI over WAN? (The default port redirects to another server).

cyberjock

Inactive Account
If you know sqlite you could change it by hacking the database. But I couldn't give you step-by-step directions. All you'll have to do change the port and reboot the server.

SMnasMAN

Contributor
I also have a need for this functionaly (not exactly for the use case of Thomas, but same end goal). As this is not a option/feature, ive added a feature request:
(ie for the ability to change the WebGUI options/bind-to-ip via the console screen)

SMnasMAN

Contributor

thanks, interesting idea (i still really think this needs to be added to the console screen though!).

one point though- if you were to use the API to turn off the webserver, then the API would stop functioning (ie there would now be NO way you can turn the webserver back on)

(i realize you were mainly speaking to using the API to change the FN web servers port).