Web Not Available, Reboot Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasEx

Dabbler
I received an error that the Web interface was unavailable and got a message from nginx.

I tried rebooting my system and now I am getting an error at startup. See attached. Any help would be appreciated.
photo.JPG

crisman

Explorer
Probably you have a bad/corrupted flash drive.
Do you have a backup of your freenas configuration?
Can you install freenas on another flash drive and restore the configuration?

TexasEx

Dabbler
I don't have a backup of my configuration. If I install FreeNAS on a new flash drive i will just have to set up users/shares/etc again correct?

Will it matter if I had a different version of FreeNAS running previously?

crisman

Explorer
Yes, Probably you'll have to set up all shares again! :(
Well it depends on the version you have but shouldn't be a problem!

solarisguy

Guru
Yes, you would need to redo shares and users.

You can install a different version of FreeNAS. However
  • you cannot count on being able to install an older version, since with the older version your ZFS pool/volume might not be accessible;
  • when installing a newer FreeNAS (generally, a recommended course of action) you will be likely getting a newer version of samba, so some details of CIFS setup could be different.

TexasEx

Dabbler
I just loaded 9.2.1.5 on a new USB and I am not getting anything at the web interface when I hit my IP address.

I also received the attached message for a few minutes before I got to the main menu on my first boot up.

Attachments

• photo-2.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
    296.4 KB · Views: 197

Whattteva

Wizard
Lol, you should fix the orientation of that screenshot. I had to flip my monitor to read it. Not everyone is going to have the luxury to do that.

solarisguy

Guru
The message shown on the screenshot is not important. Can you login on the console and check /var/log/messages ?

Are you connecting to your FreeNAS from the same subnet (i.e. no routing/gateways involved)?

Status
Not open for further replies.