VPN questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limitedheadroom

Dabbler
Hi, I have set up Transmission with OpenVPN inside the same jail following this guide and it's working brilliantly.

I also wanted to set up sabNZB and also want this to only run through a VPN, it would also be good to have couch potato traffic run through a VPN as several search sites it uses are blocked here in the UK so the only way to access them is through a VPN.

My questions:

1. Can I install openVPN into each jail for Transmission, sabnzbd and couch potato or is it better to install all three of them into the same jail with openvpn.

2. Interested in installing openVPN in a jail to access some of my NAS at a later stage following this guide. Is this possible if I have VPN's set up in other jails for software to tunnel OUT.

I did see a hint somewhere that you could install openvpn in its own jail and use ipfw to route other jails through it, but I haven't been able to find more info on this and as someone who is on a very steep learning curve at the moment this is more than I can figure out for myself.

Thanks

Limitedheadroom

Dabbler
Can no one clarify this?

open vpn in multiple jails, all software into same jail as openvpn, or openvpn in it's own jail with some way to route Transmission & sabnzbd jails through it????

Status
Not open for further replies.