Very slow transfer speed Trunas scale 22.12.2 with SMB

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Wondering now how can the 2 ports no good while I can get gigabit speed on them when speedtesting or downloading?
It may be the entire LAN switching environment being throttled somehow as part of Tomato's setup. Internet speed tests going between LAN and WAN may be immune to the problem in that way.

Have you ever run open-wrt or dd-wrt on it?

Are you running any additional modules/software on it?

do you know if you have the Mips or the ARM version of that router?

saebaryo

Dabbler
It may be the entire LAN switching environment being throttled somehow as part of Tomato's setup. Internet speed tests going between LAN and WAN may be immune to the problem in that way.

Have you ever run open-wrt or dd-wrt on it?

Are you running any additional modules/software on it?

do you know if you have the Mips or the ARM version of that router?
As far as I remember the only FW compatible for this exact model was Fresh tomato, I did not try OpenWRT or DDRWRT tbh but I tried them on other routers and Fresh tomato in terms of features is way way better then both.
I am using the ARM version

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
OK, so the ARM version looks the better of the 2.

Are you running any of those "features"? (just thinking in terms of resource conflict).

Also, can we try with 2 systems connected via the same additional switch (trying to eliminate the Tomato from the path)?

saebaryo

Dabbler
OK, so the ARM version looks the better of the 2.

Are you running any of those "features"? (just thinking in terms of resource conflict).

Also, can we try with 2 systems connected via the same additional switch (trying to eliminate the Tomato from the path)?
Ah you want to use the main WAN into the switch and use without router right?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Ah you want to use the main WAN into the switch and use without router right?
Not necessarily.

Internet-->Router WAN

Router LAN--> second switch (port 1 or whatever)

PC1--> second switch port 2
PC2--> second switch port 3

Run your tests between PC1 and PC2

saebaryo

Dabbler
Not necessarily.

Internet-->Router WAN

Router LAN--> second switch (port 1 or whatever)

PC1--> second switch port 2
PC2--> second switch port 3

Run your tests between PC1 and PC2
I do have just the ASUS router and the switch, so I am kinda confused about the second switch here mentioned? sorry :)

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality

saebaryo

Dabbler
is the second switch...

As I mentioned before, the 4 LAN ports on this are a LAN switch, so I'm counting this as the "first" switch.
I think I've tried that yesterday a few times times and it was still the same error and slow transfer rate unfortunately.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Well, until we can work out what's causing that at your location, we're not going to get to the bottom of it.

I posted the iperf3 results generated from 2 of my SCALE systems which connect to the same switch via Cat5e cables and as you could see, the test completes and shows the expected speed.

We need to work through the elements that you have there until we work out which one is the cause... so far the only one I could see in common was the Tomato switch (or the switch-local communication).

Have you really tested 2 devices both connected to the other switch? (or were you testing with one device on Tomato and the other on the separate switch?)

saebaryo

Dabbler
Yes, but I tried now on another switch I had at home and the speed is pretty good!
IMG_20230611_182721.jpg

sretalla