Verify install shows file that doesnt match checksum

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsquaredz

Dabbler
I am running FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201506292130. When I run the verify install portion of the update section, I get an error message that this file doesn't match the checksum. What should I do to repair or is this normal?

/conf/base/etc/resolv.conf

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    8.7 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Just for the record, for anyone else that comes with this question and finds this thread:

• It is EXPECTED (until this bug is fixed) that pretty much everyone's /etc/resolv.conf won't pass. This is normal.
  • Trust me, it's normal (in the sense that, yes, we expect this file to fail, and it's not indicative of a problem, it's a bug). Nothing is wrong.
  • /etc/resolv.conf is a configuration file that tells your appliance what the IP addresses are for DNS nameservers for address resolution (that's just FYI, if you're wondering what the file is for)
  • The reason the error occurs is complicated and, it seems, not totally understood. You can see the bug report that Dru linked above.
  • The ONLY THING that is OK for "verify install" to barf on is resolv.conf. If anything else comes up (or worse yet, if the verify install procedure is unable to finish), that is indicative with 100% probability of corrupted system files in your boot device(s), as far as I know.
So anyone out there running a "VERIFY INSTALL" and getting only an error on resolv.conf? It's fine. Nothing is wrong.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Apparently, other config files may slip through and sometimes be checksummed, last I heard, so errors are always to be taken with a grain of salt, for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.