Apply System Updates not applying after reboot and checksum differences on verify install

Status
Not open for further replies.

adramalech

Dabbler
So I have been running FreeNAS for awhile but still a noob and I have noticed that I was running out of space with numerous boot environments so I removed some of the older entries and went to check for updates and apply them. It seemed to download and update just fine went to reboot and I noticed that it didn't apply.

I then went to click "Apply pending updates" in the System -> Update menu and it gave me this message.

Update: FreeNAS-9.10-STABLE-201606270534 has already been applied. Please activate 9.10-STABLE-201606270534 via the Boot Environment Tab and Reboot to use this updated version

When I go to the System -> Boot environment tab to see that FreeNAS-9.10-STABLE-201606270534 has under active column "On Reboot, Now". I also have keep flag on this boot environment.

So this got me wondering I then went to Update tab again and went to "Verify Install" it came back with many checksum errors so now I am really worried that my install works but is somehow got borked.

I am thinking I will have to just reinstall on a new flash drive and replace the one I am currently using.

Besides this issue with the checksum and not being able to activate an installed batch of updates everything else seems to work just fine. I don't seem to have any other day to day issues.

One last question I have, if I take a fresh export of the config file and re-upload it on a fresh USB install will any of the checksum differences inherit from the old USB install?

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
if I take a fresh export of the config file and re-upload it on a fresh USB install will any of the checksum differences inherit from the old USB install?
I don't think the Verify Install process checksums the configuration database, so you should be all set with a clean install and config upload.

Status
Not open for further replies.