User can create file in share, but not copy/write file to share

SoonerLater

Explorer
I have just built-up my second ever Freenas server. This one is running 11.2-U6. I've created a pool, datasets and samba shares (all of my users run Windows 10). When I browse \\Jessie\ in Windows File Explorer, it sees all the shares that I created. If I right-click in any of the shares, Windows will allow me to create a new file and save it there (right-click, New, Text file). However, if I try to copy a file to that share, the operation fails. Clearly I have setup my ACL permissions wrong.

My immediate goal is to move a bunch of data from my 81% capacity original Freenas server (running FreeNAS-9.10.2-U6). For that I just need to get *my* permissions set correctly.

My long term goal is to setup Freenas so that it has a list of specific Windows Users on my network who will have read/write/execute permissions on specific shares. I will have read/write/execute to every share. Other users will have read/write/execute on some shares, read-only on some shares and no access to others.

Since the interface on Freenas 11.2 is brand new (to me), I'm struggling a bit to find all the settings. If anyone could point me to a relevant section of the 11.2-U6 User Guide or to an FAQ or something, I would be very grateful. I've read this sticky post on Fine-Tuning Samba Permissions and have read Chapter 11 (Sharing) on the User Guide, but there is something I fail to grasp, apparently. Any advice or pointer to the right direction would be appreciated.