USB keyboard support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlitchBoy

Cadet
I'm trying to install FreeNAS 7 onto an admittedly old AMD system. It boots off the CD okay but when I get to the screen where I can pick option 1 through 6, I have no keyboard response there or after it goes to the OK prompt.

I have a USB keyboard--is that my problem? (It does work to get me into the BIOS setup)

Also, on a perhaps unrelated note, I get the following messages:

CPU doesn't support long mode
warning: module 'acpi' already loaded

I searched but didn't find any references to these problems on the forums.

Thanks
GB

pauldonovan

Explorer
Also, on a perhaps unrelated note, I get the following messages:

CPU doesn't support long mode

I might be wrong, but I think I've seen that message when trying to run the 64-bit version on a 32-bit machine. Which version have you installed?

Paul

raulfg3

Dabbler
Perhaps the real problem is that you use a AMD build of FreeNAS and your AMD CPU is not 64 bit capable. (AMD in the name of build indicate a 64bit built, and i386 indicate 32 bit CPU systems).

GlitchBoy

Cadet
Yes, you guys with the 32/64-bit thing seem to have hit the nail on the head--my CPU is 32-bit. Seeing the "AMD" in the download name is what lead me to download the wrong version. After downloading the i386 version I got to the first menu ok.

And yes, after posting here I found that there is still a legacy .7 forum but thank you for pointing that out.

Cheers!
GB

joeschmuck

Old Man
That must be one old CPU not being a 64 bit item. I guess Duron or Athlon, I recall the K6-III very well and the K5 all the way back to AM386. Only recently have I been buying Intel.

Status
Not open for further replies.