Upgraded from 9.10 to 11.1-U6 no smb shares

Status
Not open for further replies.

avalon60

Guru
I have an android device next to my tv where I was able to view picture etc which are stored on my FreeNAS box. Since I upgraded to 11.1-U6 and also the ZFS pool, I cannot browse or see my Freenas box or smb shares, and get a No Connection timed out.
I have also tried to browse the folders with or by a NFS share, and after I have added the path: //ip server address/mnt/Media/Pictures, and when I clicked on the nfs share nothing happens.

I can view folders and files in or on a Workgroup, that being my Linux machines, but not Freenas.
I can only assume it is because of the new ZFS pool, and hope that there is a way round it so I can view my shares on Freenas

KrisBee

Wizard

avalon60

Guru
Thanks for the link and what works for some did not work for me. I have reply as such on that thread

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
So what have you tried and what were the results?

avalon60

Guru
First I followed the link you posted, and then saw this line from another poster:
freenas.services.smb.config.server_min_protocol=NT1, this did not work because, as it was pointed out to me, I missed part of the command and it should have been :
sysctl freenas.services.smb.config.server_min_protocol=NT1. This worked as it should and now I have my smb shares back on my FreeNAS machine.
I posted on that other thread what I did , and following that the said poster acknowledged what he had missed and now corrected it

Status
Not open for further replies.