Upgrade from FreeNAS 11.1-U4 to FreeNAS 11.1-U6 Samba Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fidric

Dabbler
Hi everybody,

yesterday I upgraded from FreeNAS-11.1-U4 to FreeNAS-11.1-U6 and suddenly my Samba share is disappeared from Linux Mint o_O

Any ideas?

Thank you

PhilipS

Contributor
I tried to add the line min protocol = SMB2 to /etc/samba/smb.conf

That's not what the release notes are telling you to do:

Known Impacts
SMB1 has been disabled by default for security reasons. If legacy clients are no longer able to connect, type this command in the Shell, then restart the SMB service:

sysctl freenas.services.smb.config.server_min_protocol=NT1
If that resolves the issue, you can make that setting permanent by going to System → Tunables →Add Tunable and creating a Tunable with these settings:

Variable: freenas.services.smb.config.server_min_protocol

Value: NT1

Type: Sysctl

Fidric

Dabbler
That's not what the release notes are telling you to do:

Known Impacts
SMB1 has been disabled by default for security reasons. If legacy clients are no longer able to connect, type this command in the Shell, then restart the SMB service:

I know this but I wanted to solve the problem from the client side by enabling SMB2 in my Linux Mint as the use of SMB1 is deprecated

PhilipS

Contributor
I know this but I wanted to solve the problem from the client side by enabling SMB2 in my Linux Mint as the use of SMB1 is deprecated

On the samba client you may want to look at 'client min protocol' and 'client max protocol'. Without the client part, the samba configuration assumes you mean server.

Fidric

Dabbler
On the samba client you may want to look at 'client min protocol' and 'client max protocol'. Without the client part, the samba configuration assumes you mean server.

It is exactly what I have written in my smb.conf under [global]:

client min protocol = SMB2
client max protocol = SMB2

PhilipS

Contributor
It is exactly what I have written in my smb.conf under [global]:

client min protocol = SMB2
client max protocol = SMB2

Hmm, maybe try SMB3 on the client max protocol.. not sure. You could also get a packet capture of the protocol negotiation and maybe that will shed some light on what is going on.

Fidric

Dabbler
Hmm, maybe try SMB3 on the client max protocol.. not sure. You could also get a packet capture of the protocol negotiation and maybe that will shed some light on what is going on.
How can I do that "packet capture"?
Thanks

PhilipS

Contributor
Status
Not open for further replies.