11.1-U6 to 11.1-U7 Purgatory? Want 11.2...

Jeeves

Cadet
Hello all, virgin poster here, will do my best to do this correctly.

I'm on a functional 11.1-U6 system. Would like to upgrade to 11.2.

I (maybe incorrectly?) assumed I need to apply 11.1-U7 first, to then upgrade to 11.2. The upgrade to U7 doesn't complete correctly. When I reboot, U7 can't mount volumes, I get 404 error trying to access the admin interface when U7 says it's "up". Other than the stream of errors and no web I/F when starting U7, the main console menu does eventually show up in U7.

If I revert back to U6, everything is fine. When I look at the System/Update screen on the working U6, it shows 5 pending U7 updates to apply. I try to apply them, the system tells me they're already applied and to select U7 from the Boot Interface. And then I'm in the "lather, rinse, repeat" cycle between trying to apply updates, booting to U7, getting errors, going back to U6.

Couple of resulting questions.
- Since my U7 update seems "broken", can I just upgrade directly from 11.1-U6 to 11.2 without incurring any harm?
- Is there a way to fix my "broken" U7, and then get to 11.2? Am I missing something in the process?

Many thanks for your consideration!
Jeeves

My system setup is:
MB: Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3 AM3+
CPU: AMD FX4100
MEM: 16 Gig DDR3
Drives: 3 x WD Red NAS 3TB drives as main Vol (backups),
1 x HGST DeskStar NAS 8TB (backup to the backups)
USB: FreeNAS 11.1-U6 boots from Samsung Fit 32GB MUF-32BB/AM

Last edited:

Jeeves

Cadet
Managed to answer my own question, took the leap and upgraded directly from 11.1-U6 to 11.2. New UI looks great!!! Thanks...