Input/output error / NFS server not responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

ser_rhaegar

Patron
You have some CPU contention. Nothing serious but I'd scale back your vCPUs on FreeNAS.

For FreeNAS I would go with 1 and see if the issue is fixed. If it is, increase as necessary so the CPU isn't always capped in the system.

I'd also be cautious about running a vm with as many vCPUs as you have physical cores (8).

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Kai Timmer: Not sure. As a rule:

1. I don't even spend time helping people with VMs because if you don't have the experience to handle it yourself you shouldn't be doing it in the first place.
2. Those of us with experience aren't motivated to help someone with problems that are going to be damn near impossible to narrow down without considerable time spent troubleshooting the problem in a forum setting.

You should be lucky I didn't delete the thread as soon as you wrote that it's in a VM. ;)

c32767a

Patron
Hello,
I'm quite new to Freenas and BSD. With my installation I ran into the following problem.

I'm using freenas nfs shares as a backup space for some servers. All my script does is mount the freenas nfs share and than use rsync to copy a few folders on a regular basis. Freenas/ZFS than does snapshots on the shares.

Any ideas on what might be the problem? I'm happy to provide more information on the setup if needed.

NFS writes are a pain to debug when there are problems. More so when you add the extra moving parts of ESX.

Gotta ask, rather than rsync-ing to an NFS mount point, why not just publish some rsync targets on the NAS and let rsync handle the networking?

Status
Not open for further replies.