Upgraded from Freenas to Truenas Core- Mac OS no longer has permissions to folders on SMB

Lyndon

Dabbler
Hi,

I upgraded my freenas servers to truenas core.
The upgrade process went off without a hitch.

Except when it comes to folders being accessed off of NAS drive by Mac OS.

I dont use AFP protocol at all. Rather I share under the SMB protocol so that both PCs and Macs can access the files.

The share is set up to allow access from any machines on the 192.168.1.1/24 range.

PC access has no problems - I can access any folders that exist- full read write capability etc.

Macs accessing same network share over SMB can see the contents at top level. Folders- will not allow viewing of contents- comes up with you do not have permission to view contents.

No changes were made to the share defn- and total access was there under freenas 11.3.

When I upgraded to truenas core 12- the symptoms described above happened.

Anybody know why this is the case for accessing smb volumes from macs after the upgrade?

Thanks

Whe3zy

Dabbler
Can you access anything at all via the SMB? I'm in a similar situation. I upgraded from 11.3 to 12 but now when it comes to access my files over SMB, I can only access from the file browser the main folders I have on my ZRaid pool. I cant access the subfolders or files from within the ZRaid pool.

Here is a visual....
Baseline search on SMB on my local network...it sees my TrueNAS
1.png

Double Click on the TrueNAS drive and it shows whats inside

2.png

Try to click to get inside any of the 3 folders and get no where....It wont accept my reassigned user group and password like it used to in 11.3v
3.png

View from TrueNAS with ACL's in place
4.png

5.png

Lyndon

Dabbler
The Volume itself is visible on the desktop. i can open it. It then shows me my files and folders. Each folder has a red dot on it with a - sign interposed on it. Double clicking on folder brings up a message "the folder cannot be opened because you dont have permission to see its contents.

My Sharing ACLs the look the same.

On the PCs - no such issue. And issue wasnt there in 11.3

sretalla