Problem with deleting some files or folders with MAC OS on SMB share

Hellione

Explorer
Hi!

Problem: I´m using one MAC OS Client. Some files, when i try to delete, they shortly disappear, reappear,
and are from that time on unreadable and undeleteable.
Trying to open or delete this specific file from a Windows Client also doesn´t work, no more rights to read or delete.
I think, the ACL for this file is gone. But i don´t know why. Delete with SSH (WinSCP) works perfectly.
Deleting files and folders with Windows works perfectly fine. Except, i tried it with MAC OS and had the above error before.
Both systems use the same user for connection to the share / server.

The files affected are random. Can be .pdf or .jpg or .xls. No special letters (#&äüo). I.e. "Arbeitsblatt1.xls".

Setup:
I have installed a TrueNAS Core, latest 12.0U7, and created some shares via SMB.
As always, i did this with File System ACL. Used preset "Open", delete the "everyone", and add the one or more users
with permissions "full control" for that share. As mentioned, works perfectly fine with all Windows Clients.

Any ideas why MAC OS causes this problem?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hi!

Problem: I´m using one MAC OS Client. Some files, when i try to delete, they shortly disappear, reappear,
and are from that time on unreadable and undeleteable.
Trying to open or delete this specific file from a Windows Client also doesn´t work, no more rights to read or delete.
I think, the ACL for this file is gone. But i don´t know why. Delete with SSH (WinSCP) works perfectly.
Deleting files and folders with Windows works perfectly fine. Except, i tried it with MAC OS and had the above error before.
Both systems use the same user for connection to the share / server.

The files affected are random. Can be .pdf or .jpg or .xls. No special letters (#&äüo). I.e. "Arbeitsblatt1.xls".

Setup:
I have installed a TrueNAS Core, latest 12.0U7, and created some shares via SMB.
As always, i did this with File System ACL. Used preset "Open", delete the "everyone", and add the one or more users
with permissions "full control" for that share. As mentioned, works perfectly fine with all Windows Clients.

Any ideas why MAC OS causes this problem?
Are files "locked" in Finder?

Hellione

Explorer
Hi,

thank you for your reply!
No, "locked" is not selected.