Upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit...what about plugins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjs.pdx

Dabbler
I am going to update my freenas installation from FreeNAS-9.2.1.8-RELEASE-x86 to the current 9.3 release which is 64-bit. My thumb drive is too small so I'll be doing a new installation. I know that means I'll need to backup and restore my configuration but I'm using two plugins on the 32 bit system: firefly and mini-dlna. What steps do I need to take regarding the plugins before and after the upgrade? Delete and reinstall? Will I lose all my configurations and data for the plugins? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
does your system have good enough spec for 9.3? Also did you read the release notes? 9.3 only supports zfs and requires 8GB of memory.

bjs.pdx

Dabbler
does your system have good enough spec for 9.3? Also did you read the release notes? 9.3 only supports zfs and requires 8GB of memory.
What does that have to do with my question?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty

bjs.pdx

Dabbler

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
@bjs.pdx
I don't think anyone is still maintaining those 2 plugins, but firefly still seems to be available for FreeNAS9.3
To reinstall you would..
  • backup the programs configs/database, you may need to do some digging to figour out where each program keeps these
  • reinstalling the plugin (if available for FN9.3)
  • restore the configs/database with original permissions

bjs.pdx

Dabbler
@bjs.pdx
I don't think anyone is still maintaining those 2 plugins, but firefly still seems to be available for FreeNAS9.3
To reinstall you would..
  • backup the programs configs/database, you may need to do some digging to figour out where each program keeps these
  • reinstalling the plugin (if available for FN9.3)
  • restore the configs/database with original permissions
Thank you. That is much more helpful. That gives me some idea about the steps I need for the upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.