Installation of plugins fails in 9.2.1.9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jahn Galt

Cadet
I have a home / small business server which up until recently was running Linux (Ubuntu). I recently switched to Freenas after years of stumbling my way through Linux command line stuff, and not having much experience with Linux beyond what I could teach myself.

I am running 9.2.1.9 on an older Dell x86 machine. It is set up and running OK. However, I want to install the Plex plugin. I followed the steps in . All went fine until I needed to install the plugin itself. Plex was not showing up in a list of available plugins. Only four show up - bacula, firefly, minidlna and transmission.

The repository URL was the default (http://download.freenas.org) and I also tried others, but no luck. Through Chrome I downloaded plexmediaserver-0.9.9.4.409_1-i386.pbi and plexmediaserver-0.9.9.2.374-i386.pbi from http://download.freenas.org/plugins/9/x32/, and attempted to install both using the "upload" command. This too failed.

Just to see if it would work, I tried setting up Firefly by selecting it from the list of available plugins. This failed too.

I would simply upgrade to 9.3 but my hardware is 32 bit.

My question: has something changed on the freenas.org site with respect to these plugins, or am I doing something wrong? Since going forward Freenas will be only for 64-bit hardware, am I wasting my time trying to get 9.2.1.9 to work on my old server hardware?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
EDIT
Read 32bit... if you want to use FreeNAS you need 64bit hardware, there's a ton of information in this forums on what to get.

Jahn Galt

Cadet
Hadn't tried creating the jail first; in the video it looks like the installation of the plugin was supposed to create the jail automatically. Since you suggested it, I've tried several times. I was able to load the freenas-pluginjail-9.2-RELEASE.tgz template under templates. However, when I go to create a jail I get an error "a jail with this nickname already exists!" although i have used a unique name for the jail each time I try, and no jails show up on the jails tab.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
it is supposed to be automatic. but I have noticed on new installs sometimes that plugins won't install till you get that setting worked out

Status
Not open for further replies.