UniFi 5.9.29 - Remote access issues

swil00

Cadet
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has UniFi version 5.9.29 running with remote access working ?

Upgraded a few days ago and enabled cloud access. If I go to the Unifi Cloud site (unifi.ubnt.com), I can see my controller fine, shows as online and any updates I do locally are updated to the cloud site within seconds (site name, controller name etc).

The issue I have is trying to launch the controller remotely. I get a "Connection Failed" message followed by "400: Bad Request").

Tried all sorts of things to try and get around it, rebooting the NAS, stopping the UniFi jail and restarting, adding ports to firewall rules detailed in this link:

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/218506997-UniFi-Ports-Used

Doing the firewall changes to add the UniFi cloud ports resulted in my controller failing to see the USG, so reversed the changes.

I've tried contacting uniFi support, but they refer me to forum links about additional sites failing to launch and database corruption.

Thanks..

swil00

Cadet
Were you able to figure this out?

No, it so far.

Tried multiple thing. Ubiquiti seem to think the ports are open ok and shouldn't be an issue.

Latest recommendation is to wipe UniFi and reinstall again restoring from back up.

Not had time to try this so far.

mikelj

Cadet
Hi
Old thread I know - I'm new to Unifi and everything so far seems a struggle. I have exactly your problem - did you manage to sort ?
Cheers

Ryan Allen

Explorer
Same problem. I’m on the latest stable FreeNAS and version 5.10.25 UniFi controller. I have tried everything. I can access no problem on local network just can’t remotely.

Matt.b483

Dabbler
I know this thread is old but this issue seems to be unsolved from my understanding the ported version of the unifi controller doesn't communicate correctly with the unifi portal dashboard some where the in the software it just wasn't ported to bad correctly. I can say through testing that the portal just won't comunicat with the unifi controller when installed in a jail environment, but if is installed in a Linux vm the issue is solved.

dcs730

Dabbler
I know this thread is old but this issue seems to be unsolved from my understanding the ported version of the unifi controller doesn't communicate correctly with the unifi portal dashboard some where the in the software it just wasn't ported to bad correctly. I can say through testing that the portal just won't comunicat with the unifi controller when installed in a jail environment, but if is installed in a Linux vm the issue is solved.
Hi Matt - Like you same issue - UniFi Ver7 installed in a Jail works fine internally across the LAN. Then show ok remote, but when you launch WebRTC - It fails.

Through testing, I also confirm that all works ok (From a Win10 PC), but not via a JAIL.
So somehow the UniFi ver 7 JAIL install does not work remotely (Whether it's the UniFi install within the JAIL or an additional setting required in TrueNAS (via the JAIL) - I ain't sure.

Check out : https://www.truenas.com/community/t...on-plugin-no-remote-access.94163/#post-727638