Remote access hanging on Requesting SDP offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVSION

Contributor
Hi,

I have installed unifi controller on the freenas 11 server in jails using ports and imported my site and devices from the controller on my laptop.
setup the controller name and IP, cloud access, open more ports on the ERL using this guide https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/218506997-UniFi-Ports-Used
i'm able to login to the controller locally and remotely using the browser , manage my devices and ping google.
the issue i have is with the unifi IOS app on my iphone, when i'm connected locally via the wifi no problem can login to the controller but when i try remotely
using 3g/4g network i'm able to log in the controller,can see its online but unable to enter to the management area i get Requesting SDP offer.. hanging.
see attached images.

i think its something to do with the ports i need to open for mobile device access or i'm missing something.

Edit: tried to access the controller via http://unifi.ubnt.com/ fail to connect see attached report get "error_code": "JNI library is not loaded”

is anybody has experienced this issue?

let me know if you need more information

appreciate your help

IMG_6378.PNG
IMG_6377.PNG

Attachments

• report-browser.json.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 378
Last edited:

AVSION

Contributor
Not yet contacted unifi support waiting for their respond

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVSION

Contributor
Hi Guys,

Got an answer from ubiquiti Support see below, is anyone familiar with JAVA?

"seems like a Java error... FreeNAS is based on FreeBSD. We only support Debian/Linux, I recommend you dropping this question on our forum/community.
Our community users will be happy to assist you with this FreeBSD setup.

Thank you

AVSION

Contributor
Were you able to resolve this? :)

No still have the same issue, didn't had the time to further investigate it, i'm able to use the unifi phone app when i'm the local wifi no problem, but once i'm not on the local wifi i cant access the server via the unifi app. i do have a problem opening STUN port 3478 on the router, wont work, not sure if its related. let me know if you find any solution. thanks

Martinizi

Cadet
I have exactly the same issue. I’m thinking of switching to debian om My FreeNas server or just buy a cloudkey. :)

Oh I just realised.. isnt it possible to run a debian jail in FreeNas?

Candle

Dabbler
I have exactly the same issue. I’m thinking of switching to debian om My FreeNas server or just buy a cloudkey. :)

Oh I just realised.. isnt it possible to run a debian jail in FreeNas?

I created a Ubuntu VM to host the unifi controller. Unifi Controller will not work with a freeBSD Jail.

Martinizi

Cadet
Yeah. Just saw that they have Docker support on VM. So I’m labbing with that Now.

Did you get the SDP-thing to go away when youre running the controller in Ubuntu VM?

Candle

Dabbler
Yeah. Just saw that they have Docker support on VM. So I’m labbing with that Now.

Did you get the SDP-thing to go away when youre running the controller in Ubuntu VM?
The UNIFI Controller immediately started working as intended as soon as I installed it in the Ubuntu VM. That was after weeks of trying different port forwarding, settings, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.