Unable to manually update

Status
Not open for further replies.

paradoxiom

Patron
Using a 4G wifi dongle for internet during a move so can't download and apply the update, luckily had the ISO downloaded before I left.

Manual update results in:

Code:
"
Environment:

Software Version: FreeNAS-11.1-RELEASE (dc7d195f4)
Request Method: POST
Request URL: http://192.168.2.194/system/manualupdate/?X-Progress-ID=f43496db-d26e-47d1-8962-d062afde07ed

Traceback:
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/subprocess.py" in check_output
  336.				**kwargs).stdout
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/subprocess.py" in run
  418.									  output=stdout, stderr=stderr)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/exception.py" in inner
  42.			 response = get_response(request)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _legacy_get_response
  249.			 response = self._get_response(request)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _get_response
  178.			 response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
  23.				 return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/views/generic/base.py" in view
  68.			 return self.dispatch(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/formtools/wizard/views.py" in dispatch
  237.		 response = super(WizardView, self).dispatch(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/views/generic/base.py" in dispatch
  88.		 return handler(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/formtools/wizard/views.py" in post
  300.				 return self.render_done(form, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/formtools/wizard/views.py" in render_done
  357.								   **kwargs)

Exception Type: MiddlewareError at /system/manualupdate/
Exception Value: [MiddlewareError: Failed to apply update Command '['/usr/local/bin/freenas-update', '-C', '/var/tmp/firmware', 'update']' returned non-zero exit status 1.: b'']"

Ideas?

Thanks

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Save current config, install new version, upload saved config.

Or

The installer should have an option to upgrade a current installation if you choose to go that route.

paradoxiom

Patron
Guess I'll just do a fresh install, my whole network configuration is janked after the move even though I kept all the cables plugged into the router / switches in the same place etc, using a 4G WIFI usb dongle with my router (RT-AC87U) for internet, but it seems to cause network configuration issues, like I can't remote from my chromebook into my PC over this network - just a blank screen (but the mouse moves and is able to click everything etc)

lumaforge

Cadet
Just in case someone runs into this down the road, my solution to the problem was to modify the /etc/hosts file, point 'update-master.ixsystems.com' and 'update.ixsystems.com' to the localhost. Then use the cli tool 'freenas-update <tar filename>' instead of the GUI manual updater.

This worked easily where other attempts seem to have failed no matter what hackery I attempted.

Edit: I also needed to a couple of other things:

1) I needed to download ix_crl.pem and place it in the /tmp (or wherever on FreeNAS)
2) I needed to edit /usr/local/lib/freenasOS/__init__.py and change the IX_CRL= entry to "file:///tmp/ix_crl.pem"

FYI: This was done from 9.10.2 to 9.10.2-U6.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.