Unable to ugrade 11.0-U2 to 11.0-U3

Status
Not open for further replies.

davlaw

Cadet
I have 3 servers running.

First one this morning saw the update and was able to apply.

I have 2 more that do not see the update nor will the allow me to do a manual update without error.

Code:
Environment: Software Version: FreeNAS-11.0-U2 (e417d8aa5) Request Method: POST Request URL: http://freenas02/system/manualupdate/?X-Progress-ID=0991cf4a-2660-46e0-8f2c-29ad9ae35ac2 Traceback: File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/subprocess.py" in check_output 336. **kwargs).stdout File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/subprocess.py" in run 418. output=stdout, stderr=stderr) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/exception.py" in inner 39. response = get_response(request) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _legacy_get_response 249. response = self._get_response(request) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _get_response 178. response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view 23. return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/views/generic/base.py" in view 68. return self.dispatch(request, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/formtools/wizard/views.py" in dispatch 237. response = super(WizardView, self).dispatch(request, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/views/generic/base.py" in dispatch 88. return handler(request, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/formtools/wizard/views.py" in post 300. return self.render_done(form, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/formtools/wizard/views.py" in render_done 357. **kwargs) Exception Type: MiddlewareError at /system/manualupdate/ Exception Value: [MiddlewareError: b"Failed to apply update Command '['/usr/local/bin/freenas-update', '-C', '/var/tmp/firmware', 'update']' returned non-zero exit status 1.: b''"]

The only really big difference I can see, is the last 2 units are booting off of mirrored usb drives.

Hope this helps, both updates above neither have caused any issues outside of the above error, but no update

D

dlavigne

Please create a report at bugs.freenas.org that includes the full text of that traceback and post the issue number here.

davlaw

Cadet
Per ticket, coping direct to nas and running manually worked. There was a permissions issue that I later starting seeing in the log/console that was preventing the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.