error updating 9.3 to 9.10 - No such file or directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfl

Dabbler
Hi there,

I just tried updating to 9.10 from 9.3 via the UI and somehow I'm getting a stack trace stating that /system/manualupdate/ doesn't exist. This happens regardless of the temporary location used when queuing up the update. Does this ring a bell to anyone? Thanks in advance!

Environment: Software Version: FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201605170422 Request Method: POST Request URL: http://<host>/system/manualupdate/?X-Progress-ID=582788df-fba9-4003-875f-671d3e07fe28 Traceback: File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in get_response 105. response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs) File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view 156. return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view 22. return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/views/generic/base.py" in view 69. return self.dispatch(request, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/formtools/wizard/views.py" in dispatch 236. response = super(WizardView, self).dispatch(request, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/views/generic/base.py" in dispatch 87. return handler(request, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/formtools/wizard/views.py" in post 297. return self.render_done(form, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/formtools/wizard/views.py" in render_done 350. done_response = self.done(final_form_list, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/system/forms.py" in done 906. cleaned_data['sha256'].encode('ascii', 'ignore'), File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/system/utils.py" in manual_update 419. retval = notifier().validate_update(path) File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/middleware/notifier.py" in validate_update 2700. ['bin/install_worker.sh', 'pre-install'], stderr=subprocess.STDOUT, File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py" in check_output 566. process = Popen(stdout=PIPE, *popenargs, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py" in __init__ 710. errread, errwrite) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py" in _execute_child 1327. raise child_exception Exception Type: OSError at /system/manualupdate/ Exception Value: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

D

dlavigne

I'd suggest saving your config, doing a fresh install of the latest (U4) on another stick, restoring the config, and making sure everything works OK.

Reactions: sfl
S

sef

The GUI install (where you download a file from the FreeNAS website, and then upload it to the FreeNAS box using the web UI) is no longer supported; you need to use the normal update mechanism, or do an ISO install.

Reactions: sfl

sfl

Dabbler
Thanks for the replies, I'll try the fresh install. Just to be sure here, regardless of what happens with my installation volume my drives will be readable in a fresh install, correct (I didn't enable encryption)? Also, freenas 10 seems like a worthwhile upgrade ui-wise ( react, node.js and all that fun stuff :) ), I'm guessing the risk I'm taking is growing pains with the UI, *no* with data corruption or the like seeing as ZFS wouldn't be less stable in 10, it's just the web UI that's changing - if that's the case I might just use 10 seeing as I'm not in corporate environment - worst case I just need to install 9.10. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.