Upgrade 8.3.0->9.1.1 failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce

Explorer
Been running 8.3.0 since last november on a HP Microserver N40L with 8GB ram, and 4x3TB drives,working quite well. Its installed on a USB stick... I thought I'd update it to the latest... so I went to the GUI install via the menu, fed it the ISO file and sha5 checksum, and blam, I got this message in a popup....

Environment: Software Version: FreeNAS-8.3.0-RELEASE-x64 (r12701M) Request Method: POST Request URL: http://hognas.hogranch.com/system/f...gress-ID=fd1757d2-7b52-49e6-856c-d4fa91dd7575 Traceback: File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in get_response 105. response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs) File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view 166. return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view 20. return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/views/generic/base.py" in view 48. return self.dispatch(request, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/formtools/wizard/views.py" in dispatch 223. response = super(WizardView, self).dispatch(request, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/views/generic/base.py" in dispatch 69. return handler(request, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/formtools/wizard/views.py" in post 286. return self.render_done(form, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/formtools/wizard/views.py" in render_done 328. done_response = self.done(final_form_list, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/system/forms.py" in done 134. retval = notifier().validate_update(path) File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/middleware/notifier.py" in validate_update 2003. stderr=subprocess.STDOUT, File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py" in check_output 537. process = Popen(stdout=PIPE, *popenargs, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py" in __init__ 679. errread, errwrite) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py" in _execute_child 1249. raise child_exception Exception Type: OSError at /system/firmwizard/ Exception Value: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I got no idea what to do next?

trevorb

Dabbler
Maybe use the FreeNAS-9.1.1-RELEASE-x64.GUI_Upgrade.txz file rather than the ISO? (click on the GUI Upgrade icon at the bottom of the Download page)

Or if you want to use the ISO, burn it and boot from it to do the upgrade....

Pierce

Explorer
ohgeez. (headslap!) o_O trying now... (can't use ISO, don't have a CD/DVD reader on my Microserver)

ok, that is going farther. activity slider is doing its thing at step 2 of 2.

Pierce

Explorer
and yup, up and alive in 9.1.1, thanks muchos for the cluestick, I needed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.