Unable to log into qBittorrent web UI

piedepelante

Cadet
Sorry for the double post but i don't seen to be able to edit the previous post.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the 4.6.2 version of qbittorrent-nox and all i got was
Code:
[qbittorrent] [1/1] Installing qbittorrent-nox-4.6.2...
===> Creating groups.
Using existing group 'qbittorrent'.
===> Creating users
Using existing user 'qbittorrent'.
===> Creating homedir(s)
[qbittorrent] [1/1] Extracting qbittorrent-nox-4.6.2: 100%

So i tried to downgrade installing the 4.6.0 pkg i've had cached in the jail, but i still can't login to the webUI, i tried rebooting the jail and the whole NAS to no result.
Before uninstall i renamed all the folders containing conf files related to qBittorrent.

I haven't because i didn't want to risk losing the configs and the torrents i'm downloading
Re-installing or upgrading a package won't delete your configs.

However, you can always outright backup the entire qBittorrent config/db directory before proceeding.

First stop the jail:
Code:
iocage stop <jailname>

Then make a compressed tarball backup (the "spaces" are important, especially in the last part of the command):
Code:
tar c -va -f /path/to/save/backup/qbittorrent-db-backup_`date +%Y%m%d`.tar.zst -C /mnt/<pool>/iocage/jais/<jailname>/root/var/db/ qbittorrent
* Make sure that you aren't actually downloading files to /var/db/qbittorrent/Downloads in your qBittorrent setup. This is the default location, but it will fill your actual jail with downloaded files. You should only be downloading to a path the you configured with a "mountpoint".

Then restart the jail:
Code:
iocage restart <nameofqbittorrentjail>

For good measure, you can even create a snapshot of your jail before doing any major changes.

piedepelante

Cadet
I tried downgrading to an even older package (4.4.0) but still locked out of the WebUI with blank config files.
BTW even tho i renamed /root/.config//qBittorrent/ to qBittorrent2 it got purged after the reinstall (keeping the new name), so i lost all my configs since there were basically none in the /var/db folder.
Anyway i'll just delete the jail and install the plugin from scratch, i exported the BT_backup folder that contains a lot of .torrent files and hope all my downloading torrents are there, still sucks they released such an impacting update without a huge disclaimer, i never felt the need to change the default password since my webUI isnt exposed on the internet.
EDIT:
@winnielinnie
even after i deleted the jail and reinstalled the plugin i cant access the webUI, the post install note says login with admin adminadmin but it doesn't work and again there are no install logs with the temporary password, your workaround in the .config files doesn't work.
Is there a way to install and older version of the plugin?
EDIT2:
in the end i created a 13.2-RELEASE jail and ran the simple 'pkg install qbittorrent-nox', automatically it installed the 4.5.3 version that let me login with the standard password that i immediately changed, then i made the service start at boot and done, luckily in the BT_Backup folder there were all my torrents but one, now i'll create again my configs. Hope this helps someone else locked out their webUI on Core.

Last edited:

evirc

Dabbler
Hi, i have installed qbittorrent jail in a TrueNAS-13.0-U6.1.
when i put the credentials admin and adminadmin in the web UI, they result incorrect.

I have mount path in a directory in the pool, set the acl permission, but i have not access at qbittorrent.

I've been trying to solve it for a few days, even with advice here on the forum, but I can't make it work

Anyone can help me?
thank you

evirc

Dabbler
I tried downgrading to an even older package (4.4.0) but still locked out of the WebUI with blank config files.
BTW even tho i renamed /root/.config//qBittorrent/ to qBittorrent2 it got purged after the reinstall (keeping the new name), so i lost all my configs since there were basically none in the /var/db folder.
Anyway i'll just delete the jail and install the plugin from scratch, i exported the BT_backup folder that contains a lot of .torrent files and hope all my downloading torrents are there, still sucks they released such an impacting update without a huge disclaimer, i never felt the need to change the default password since my webUI isnt exposed on the internet.
EDIT:
@winnielinnie
even after i deleted the jail and reinstalled the plugin i cant access the webUI, the post install note says login with admin adminadmin but it doesn't work and again there are no install logs with the temporary password, your workaround in the .config files doesn't work.
Is there a way to install and older version of the plugin?
EDIT2:
in the end i created a 13.2-RELEASE jail and ran the simple 'pkg install qbittorrent-nox', automatically it installed the 4.5.3 version that let me login with the standard password that i immediately changed, then i made the service start at boot and done, luckily in the BT_Backup folder there were all my torrents but one, now i'll create again my configs. Hope this helps someone else locked out their webUI on Core.
let me explain your edit two?
i have been created the jail with 13.2 release, run the 'pkg install qbittorrent-nox', but i never but I can't even reach the web gui.

piedepelante

Cadet
let me explain your edit two?
i have been created the jail with 13.2 release, run the 'pkg install qbittorrent-nox', but i never but I can't even reach the web gui.
Start from scratch:
  1. from the TrueNAS GUI go to the "Jails" section and add a new jail
  2. configure the jail as default, give it a name, choose "13.2-RELEASE" and then give it an IP address and, if you want, set it to auto-start
  3. start it and then go to the shell (i usually use Putty but it's the same using the one integrated in the GUI)
  4. run the command jexec X csh where X is the number of the jail (you can find it in the jails page or running the command jls)
  5. once in the shell of the jail run these commands (if it asks to confirm always type y):
    • pkg
    • pkg install qbittorrent-nox (it will also download all the libraries and dependecies) it should automatically install the 4.5.3 version
    • service qbittorrent-nox start
    • using a browser of your choice, visit the webUI (IP address assigned earlier:8080) and log in using the standard credentials
    • optional: change immediately the password
    • set the service to start at boot: use the editor of your choice to add 'qbittorrent_enable="YES"' without single quotes to /etc/rc.conf
  6. exit the shell and reboot the jail (or the entire NAS) to check if everything is working after a reboot
I'm on the same Core version, so i hope this will help.

Last edited:

evirc

Dabbler
Start from scratch:
  2. configure the jail as default, give it a name, choose "13.2-RELEASE" and then give it an IP address and, if you want, set it to auto-start
  3. start it and then go to the shell (i usually use Putty but it's the same using the one integrated in the GUI)
  4. run the command jexec X csh where X is the number of the jail (you can find it in the jails page or running the command jls)
  5. once in the shell of the jail run these commands (if it asks to confirm always type y):
    • pkg
    • pkg install qbittorrent-nox (it will also download all the libraries and dependecies) it should automatically install the 4.5.3 version
    • using a browser of your choice, visit the webUI (IP address assigned earlier:8080) and log in using the standard credentials
    • set the service to start at boot: use the editor of your choice to add 'qbittorrent_enable="YES"' without single quotes to /etc/rc.conf
  6. exit the shell and reboot the jail (or the entire NAS) to check if everything is working after a reboot
thanks for the advice!
it's work weel, but if i edit the rc.conf file the credential result wrong, if i not edit the file, it's work fine...
what is the purpose of modifying the rc.config file?

evirc

Dabbler
thanks for the advice!
it's work weel, but if i edit the rc.conf file the credential result wrong, if i not edit the file, it's work fine...
what is the purpose of modifying the rc.config file?
i must write by every reboot the code 'qbittorrent-nox start'?

evirc

Dabbler
You can also just do sysrc qbittorent_enable=yes instead of editing that file.
it's ok, i have edit file.
But there is two problem:
  • if I log out of truenas, the torrent jail becomes unreachable
  • every time I restart the jail I have to write 'qbittorrent-nox start'

victort

Guru
it's ok, i have edit file.
But there is two problem:
  • if I log out of truenas, the torrent jail becomes unreachable
  • every time I restart the jail I have to write 'qbittorrent-nox start'
If you enter the command I showed above, you don’t need to.

I’m not sure why when you log out of TrueNAS that would be the case. The jail has its own IP and network settings.

evirc

Dabbler
If you enter the command I showed above, you don’t need to.

I’m not sure why when you log out of TrueNAS that would be the case. The jail has its own IP and network settings.
i already yet, but the service at restart will not start.
111.JPG

evirc

Dabbler
View attachment 73672

I inserted the writing underlined in red, but every time I restart I find the writing underlined in blue. I have to start the service manually to make everything work, and after a while it becomes unreachable
this is wrong, i delete the second row. thanks @victort
but at the restart, the service will not start, and after few time, the jail is up but the ip is unreachable

evirc

Dabbler
I understand, the jail becomes unreachable when the HD goes into suspension...then logically it can't restart and I have to give it by hand. how can I fix it?
I would be fine with it going into suspension, but then it would have to resume service on its own

evirc

Dabbler
Start from scratch:
    • pkg
I tried to reconfigure everything, restarted TrueNas, but still nothing...credentials are ok, but it doesn't start at startup... how can I fix it?

Attachments

• 1234.JPG
    1234.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 87
So when you restart the jail, qbittorrent-nox doesn't run automatically?

evirc

Dabbler
So when you restart the jail, qbittorrent-nox doesn't run automatically?
exactly, the jail starts automatically but qbittorrent needs the 'service qbittorrent-nox start' command to work. I also tried changing the script as in this guide, but nothing. I also tried restarting truenas, but nothing changes.

danb35

Hall of Famer