Unable to install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
During boot I never get the GUI up it stops at a prompt
What GUI? It will normally just show an IP Address that you use to get to the GUI (using your web browser)

Unless you are getting nothing during the actual installation of FreeNas. If so, can you post a screenshot or what it says?

Also will it support a dual Nic?
Depends on the manner in which you are talking about. Unless you have the switches that support LACP, then no need to worry about this. Best you can do is set them up as failover lagg or just not use the 2nd nic at all.

Also can it be installed to a SSD instead of a USB stick?
For sure, that is my preferred way. But if you are limited on ports or power, then nothing really wrong with USB.

Non ECC memory is not recommended. If you value your data, might want to think this over... If your motherboard does not support ECC, then you may want to think that over as well...

What GUI? It will normally just show an IP Address that you use to get to the GUI (using your web browser)

Unless you are getting nothing during the actual installation of FreeNas. If so, can you post a screenshot or what it says?

Depends on the manner in which you are talking about. Unless you have the switches that support LACP, then no need to worry about this. Best you can do is set them up as failover lagg or just not use the 2nd nic at all.

For sure, that is my preferred way. But if you are limited on ports or power, then nothing really wrong with USB.

Non ECC memory is not recommended. If you value your data, might want to think this over... If your motherboard does not support ECC, then you may want to think that over as well...
The gui I am referring to is the install one. When I tried on this equivalent it never showed up. When I tried on an older laptop it went right to it

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
try plugging into a USB 2.0 port or change some options in BIOS. Without more information nobody can tell you what is wrong. 'It doesn't work' is not a valid symptom

try plugging into a USB 2.0 port or change some options in BIOS. Without more information nobody can tell you what is wrong. 'It doesn't work' is not a valid symptom
I have tried both ports I am currently out of town I will get you all more information once I return thank you for the guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.