SOLVED Unable to delete VMs from the web GUI

glauco

Guru
Hi.
I have a very simple snapshot task set up so that my whole pool (thus including VMs' zvols) gets snapshot at regular intervals.
I've fiddled with VMs recently and at some point I've decided to get rid of most of my VMs, so I went ahead and clicked the Delete button in the web GUI, but I got an error message saying that I couldn't delete the VM because there were snapshots of it that I needed to delete first.
So I took to the command line and issued a recursive zfs destroy of the whole VM and zapped it.
But now after clicking the Delete button I get a different error message saying that it can't find the VM dataset.
Does anyone know how I can get rid of the VM entries in the web GUI?
Thanks.

glauco

Guru
bump

ornias

Wizard
Maybe you got no reply because you are not even listing the version you are using ;-)

glauco

Guru
Maybe you got no reply because you are not even listing the version you are using ;-)
I don't think it's because of that.
Anyway, I'm running TrueNAS-12.0-U2.1.
My signature says TrueNAS 12.0, but then again I don't think the minor version makes a difference regarding my issue...

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Go to your VM, Devices, remove the disk device pointing to a nonexisting Zvol.

If it won't let you do that - create some dummy Zvol, edit the disk device, assign the dummy, delete the VM.

glauco

Guru
Thank you, it worked! Easy peasy!