VM crashes NGINX FreeNAS GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmacka88

Patron
Hi,

I just started playing with VMs. I managed to setup a VM fine with 2GB ram and 1TB storage.

System is 32GB total.

But after I start the VM the FreeNAS GUI stops working. I get a generic NGINX page saying check error log. Haven't had a chance to check as if yet.

Anyone else seen this happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Are you sure it's 2GB. Can you provide a screen shot? Full hardware specs and freenas version are also required information when making a post.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
But after I start the VM the FreeNAS GUI stops working.
Did you specify a port for your VM? It sounds like it's trying to communicate on port 80.

Arvi LEFEVRE

Dabbler
I have the same issue. happened twice already, second time I just created the VM, wanted to add a cdrom and a disk, didn't even have time to create the first one that the whole server crashed.

I could still connect via ssh, I restarted nginx, but didn't change anything, I had to restart the server to access it again with the gui :(

And it just happened again right now, it's completely unusable. I have 16GB of DDR3, an intel g3258, and 3 hdd of 3TB each.

tmacka88

Patron
I have the same issue. happened twice already, second time I just created the VM, wanted to add a cdrom and a disk, didn't even have time to create the first one that the whole server crashed.

I could still connect via ssh, I restarted nginx, but didn't change anything, I had to restart the server to access it again with the gui :(

And it just happened again right now, it's completely unusable. I have 16GB of DDR3, an intel g3258, and 3 hdd of 3TB each.
I haven’t had the time to figure it out. But I expected it may be a setting in the BIOS to cater for VM. But not entirely sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.