Unable to delete old 8.3 plugins in 9.2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimJC

Cadet
I recently upgraded to from FreeNAS 8.3 to 9.2.1 using the GUI method. I have installed the new plugins for 9.2, but my installed plugins list still shows plugins from my old 8.3 jail. Anytime I try to delete these old plugins, since I don't need them anymore, I get "Error: The plugins jail is not running, start it before proceeding." How can I go about getting these off my installed plugins list? Is it as simple as deleting my old plugins and pluginsjail datasets?

D

dlavigne

You should be able to remove the datasets from View Volumes.

TimJC

Cadet
Thanks, but will that remove the plugins from the installed plugins list? I do not want to delete the datasets, if they end up being needed to resolve this issue. As it stands, I cloned my FreeNAS 8.3 USB stick, so if needed, I could boot up the machine in FreeNAS 8.3, delete the plugins, and jail datasets from there. It just seems like there should be an easier way, but I can't find it documented anywhere.

Attachments

• FreeNASPlugins.PNG
    FreeNASPlugins.PNG
    69.1 KB · Views: 297

VoodooFX

Dabbler
Happened to me as well (upgraded from 8.3.1 to 9.2.1.2).
The old jail is not recognized and I get the old plugins listed but cannot remove them.

You should be able to remove the datasets from View Volumes.

Removing Dataset results an error for me: cannot unmount /mnt/myset/jail : device busy

When trying to delete a specific plugin, shell throws following error:
"freenas manage.py: [plugins.utils:92] Couldn't retrieve http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/plugins/transmission/3/_s/status: No JSON object could be decoded"

Status
Not open for further replies.