Unable to connect to SMB share in windows - no permissions

daveegreene01

Dabbler
I'm trying to set up shares for the first time. The annoying thing is, it was working fine so I have messed something up and can't get it back. I initially had 11.2-U7 installed and a dataset and SMB share for windows. I can see the share in windows and map it as a network drive but when I attempt to open it i get a message saying I don't have permission. Opening the properties and clicking the security tab, there are no ACL details, just a message saying 'You must have read permissions to read the properties of this object'. This is the same from any of my PCs. In the hope that it might help, I have upgraded to 11.3 and set the ACL information there but the problem is still the same. I have attached the settings. I just can't see what I am doing wrong. Any help would be great..
Annotation 2020-02-04 204715.jpg

Annotation 2020-02-04 204716.jpg

KrisBee

Wizard
Which account credentials are you using in Windows to connect to the FreeNAS share and does a matching account exist on FreeNAS which is a member of your "shared group"?

Your ACL on the dataset "/mnt/NAS01/shared" is restrictiing access to Windows user accounts that are part of the "shared group" in FreeNAS

daveegreene01

Dabbler
Which account credentials are you using in Windows to connect to the FreeNAS share and does a matching account exist on FreeNAS which is a member of your "shared group"?

Your ACL on the dataset "/mnt/NAS01/shared" is restrictiing access to Windows user accounts that are part of the "shared group" in FreeNAS

Yes, the "shared group" has two users as members, one of which is matching my Windows account and the second matches my wife's. The FreeNAS user details are the same as I use for Windows login.

KrisBee

Wizard
When you map the network drive in Windows are you prompted for network credentials? Post the output of this FreeNAS shell command: getfacl /mnt/NAS01/shared

daveegreene01

Dabbler
When you map the network drive in Windows are you prompted for network credentials? Post the output of this FreeNAS shell command: getfacl /mnt/NAS01/shared
No, I am able to map the network drive without challenge but then when I click on it to access I get the 'Windows cannot access..' message.

Output from command:-
Annotation 2020-02-05 171852.jpg

daveegreene01

Dabbler
Okay. The problem is the ACL on /mnt/NAS01.
setfacl -m everyone@:rxaRc::allow /mnt/NAS01

Thank you anados! Brilliant! I have spent two days deleting things and putting them back only to have the same problem. Its a steep learning curve for someone like me with no previous experience.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Thank you anados! Brilliant! I have spent two days deleting things and putting them back only to have the same problem. Its a steep learning curve for someone like me with no previous experience.
It looks like you made an ACL change in 11.2 that we no longer allow in 11.3 because of the debugging issues it can cause for normal users.