Trying to Update to FreeNAS 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

AISA86

Cadet
Hello all. First of all a big thank you to all of you for the tremendous effort that goes in to helping absolute amateurs such as my self in achieving so much from FreeNAS.

I have been using FreeNAS for almost two years. It is currently on 9.10 STABLE. I have been meaning to upgrade it to 11 for sometime. I went about doing a bit of research on how to update and I was initally receving a message of 'no update available' despite switching trains. After a few reboots the files were found and downloading via the GUI. However, I now get an error saying:

Code:
error: 'insufficient space to install update' freenas

I have checked df -h which shows:
Code:
Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on freenas-boot/ROOT/9.10.2-U6
14G 13G 599M 96%

This seems awfully high. The only option within System > Boot is 9.10.2-U6. The boot drive is a 16GB USB. I would ideally not have to do a fresh install if I can avoid it. I have saved my config file just in case. All of the above research is what I have managed to do by researching and browsing this forums but I am a complete novice

Any ideas?

AISA86

Cadet
Just a bit of an update regarding the specs:

FreeNAS-9.10.2-U6
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz
16GB DDR3 RAM (Non ECC)
Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD
2x WD Blue 1TB HDD

styno

Patron
Can you copy/paste the output of zfs list | grep freenas-boot and du -sh -x /*

AISA86

Cadet
Thanks for your reply.

I decided to create a new install of FreeNAS 11. After installing and uploading the existing config file, none of the users are there nor does the disk appear on my network within Windows to access the files.

Have I done something wrong?

styno

Patron
I don't think you did, but I haven't tested this myself. What version did you install 11.?
Maybe do a fresh install of the version you created the config file from and see if the settings are restored?

Status
Not open for further replies.